[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Writing Is Like ... 5/20-5/26 : Writing Prompts and Challenges • Page 11 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Writing Is Like ... 5/20-5/26

The editors of Writer's Digest provide a weekly Writing Prompt to get your writing going.
jrwxoxo
Private E-1

RE: Writing Is Like ... 5/20-5/26

Postby jrwxoxo » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:46 pm

To me, writing is like a maze. It's a mixture of jumbled thoughts that you have to unscramble but they spell out beautiful poetry in the end. Writing uncovers parts of me I never knew existed. It's confusing to me, really. You start off thinking one thing and before you know it, thoughts just take over and spin you into a world that never crowded your mind before. Writing isn't something I understand fully, not yet, at least. I know I like writing, and that it takes me places I've never been. I just don't know what to think of the craziness of it, I'm going to keep on writing though, I can promise you that much!

Imogine
Private E-1

Re: Writing Is Like ... 5/20-5/26

Postby Imogine » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:22 pm

Writing to me is like my interpreter. Just about everything I write down is somewhat translating how I really feel about something or how I've felt about something in the past. Plus it is also like a gateway to the person I want to be.

Imogine
Private E-1

Postby Imogine » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:24 pm

Kaylynn
Private E-1

Postby Kaylynn » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:50 am

Hypnic_jerk...gross answer. *gags* haha

For me, writing is like looking in a mirror. I tilt my head, turn around, brush my hair away, add a bit more lip gloss, tuck my shirt in, untuck it, switch my shoes, and I still don't like the way I look. I'm never satisfied with the way I appear... even though my husband thought I was perfect the way I started that morning.

I sit there in front of the computer screen, reading the last few pages I wrote, rereading them, deleting text, adding text, tilting my head and scrutinizing it from all different angles. I obsess over each word when in reality, the original copy was most likely entertaining and moving.

*sigh* It's a habit (two habits, I guess) that I just can't seem to break.

Rob21
Private E-1

Postby Rob21 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:46 am

To me, writing is like composing music.
One of the wonderful aspects of writing is that we
have the opportunity to be careful and exact about
structure and aesthetic import. We are in a position,
when we write, to express ourselves with a view to
minimum error and maximum effect. We can scrutinize,
delete, add and alter to our heart's content until we
reduce the communication to it's essence.

lalaly
Private E-1

Postby lalaly » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:59 am

Writing is like the scariest thing I know.
Writing is like showing your life, your fears, your soul to the world.
Writing is like being disarmed, naked in front of the people you know and the others.
Writing is what I would like to be able to do.
Writing is what I do not dare to do.

Rosecrespo
Private E-1

Postby Rosecrespo » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:22 am

Writing it like having a crush on the most popular girl in school. You take advice on ways to approach her and concentration on words to impress her.But in the end, it is the confidence that it takes to make a move that allows you score big time.

mk1030
Private E-1

Postby mk1030 » Fri May 14, 2010 8:11 pm

Writing is softness and quiet and peace within my spirit. It is a gentle cleanse of the soul as letters become words and words become thoughts.
When I write there is no thinking, just reacting. Writing is joy and strength and inner beauty as thoughts become phrases and phrases become stories and stories fill my heart with joy.

youngwords
Private E-2

Postby youngwords » Sat May 15, 2010 3:19 am

Writing is like cliff diving. You know you could get hurt, but something in you knows that if you don't jump, you will hate yourself forever.

superreader
Private E-1

Postby superreader » Mon May 24, 2010 3:52 pm

Writing is like cooking vegetables. Sometimes you've got your plot simmering in your head, and you're adding missing bits and pieces, and you suddenly find that it's fallen apart, and become soggy and boring.
(If I didn't explain it too well, then I hope you know what I mean!)

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Prompts and Challenges