[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The More the Better...Help! : Conversation question • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

The More the Better...Help!

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
The_Mad_Ink3r
Private E-2

The More the Better...Help!

Postby The_Mad_Ink3r » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:07 pm

I would like to do a children's book, so that when Summer (my daughter) gets old enough she can read it before bedtime. Any suggestions on what theme I should do?

Crono91
Lieutenant

Re: The More the Better...Help!

Postby Crono91 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:59 pm

This might be better in the children's forum, since they know what they are doing.

But I'd suggest reading a lot of children's books and work from there. You aren't going to feel invested in a story if we come up with it for you, nor will it feel that special to you.
Be proud of your mistakes when they form from blinding passion. But now edit them.

DrG2
Colonel

Postby DrG2 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:35 pm

something that summer is interested in.

When William Goldman's daughters asked him to write a story, he asked what it should be about. one daughter said a princess, the other daughter said a bride. Hence, the Princess Bride was born.

The_Mad_Ink3r
Private E-2

Postby The_Mad_Ink3r » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:45 am

Thank y'all I appreciate it!

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:29 pm

that's a wonderful thing to think of doing!... will be something she'll surely cherish her whole life and most likely hand down to her own children...

i'm a mother of 7 [6 girls], grandmom of 19 and great-grandma of 2 [at last count], i've written children's books for a chicago publisher and i mentor many aspiring p/b writers, so if i can be of any help along the way, just drop me a line...

how old is your little girl now?

love and hugs, maia
maia3maia@hotmail.com
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Crono91
Lieutenant

Postby Crono91 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:38 pm

Be proud of your mistakes when they form from blinding passion. But now edit them.

The_Mad_Ink3r
Private E-2

Postby The_Mad_Ink3r » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:08 pm

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:42 am

given that due dates are rarely accurate down to the day, she may be born on my own birthday, sept 14... in any case, prepare yourself for the pleasures of raising a virgo!

hope you're playing beautiful music in your waking hours... with one of my children, i had sad proof that babies in the womb are aware of what goes on outside their cozy nest and can even hear voices, sense tension, so providing a peaceful, lovely-sounding/feeling environment during this last trimester can make a major difference to your child's life...

looking forward to hearing from you... hugs to you both, maia
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

The_Mad_Ink3r
Private E-2

Postby The_Mad_Ink3r » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:56 am

Thanks! And I'm making sure she hears all positivity. Thanks for the support =) <3

H.L.
Private E-1

Postby H.L. » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:34 pm

I've always been a big fan of, "The Little Engine that Could."

Next

Return to Conversation question