[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
What do you think? : Conversation question • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

What do you think?

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
The_Mad_Ink3r
Private E-2

What do you think?

Postby The_Mad_Ink3r » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:36 am

So since I'm pregnant with my first child and doing so much, I figured I'd take a year to research really well a few new goals that I've written down.
This way I can focus on my baby girl and get a little work done here and there (and I'm determined). A lot of people have asked me about my thoughts
on writing a children's book. I think doing that is a little harder than writing a novel (which I have one published on Nook on the B&N website). But I
thought it would be much easier to gather my ideas and concepts for the next year July2014-July 2015 and work on concepts and ideas and things.
I want to do more of the preparing before the action part comes.

A. Write four books (different genres) -YA ages
B. Come up with better ideas for my business (maybe reinvent it)
c. Two children's Books
(not sure how I want to go about that yet).

I just want to do more of the research than anything right now, because the more I familiarize myself with a lot of what needs to be done, the better it is for me!
So this way I can take it easy and not juggle so much as I was doing, previously. Too much or nah?

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Re: What do you think?

Postby mammamaia » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:27 am

there's no way for anyone else to tell what's 'too much' for another person...

and you'll only know one way or t'other by trying it... it'll soon be clear whether it is, or not... ;)
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Gooblink
Major General

Postby Gooblink » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:34 pm

I think you are going to have more time to do the work now then you will after your baby is born.

You'll deliver the baby and get home from the hospital and...

0-3 months you'll be sleep deprived, but the baby will mostly sleep, poop, and eat, so you can still get a lot of work done.
3-9 months: still sleep deprived, but the baby will be colicky, fussy, but will smile, giggle, learn to sit up, and you'll want to play with her.
9 or so - 2 years: you've learned to live without sleep, but now baby is crawling, walking, talking, and doing all sorts of new and amazing things that will keep you occupied. Unless you farm her to daycare and let someone else enjoy her milestones.
2-5 years: Pre-K, soccer, play-dates, little time to work.
5-18: School choices. Career choices.
18+: the empty nest and you wonder where the years went. You come across a list of goals you set before you had that baby girl, you smile because nothing panned out as you planned, but you wouldn't change a moment of it.
Peace,
Cindy

http://www.gooblink.com
cindy@gooblink.com
Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/gooblink
-----
Not all things countable are worth counting and not all things that count are countable. - Albert Einstein

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:44 am

true enough, gooblink, if it's a first and only... but if baby #1 is followed by #2 and possibly others, as mine was [5 in less than 5 years, no twins!]--well, just imagine what it would do to your list of what to expect... :shock:
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Gooblink
Major General

Postby Gooblink » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:06 pm

Peace,
Cindy

http://www.gooblink.com
cindy@gooblink.com
Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/gooblink
-----
Not all things countable are worth counting and not all things that count are countable. - Albert Einstein

Return to Conversation question