Hope?

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
vespatient
Private E-1

Hope?

Postby vespatient » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:11 pm

I don't now who I have to ask, but... Six months after I finished my best book, nobody want to listen me. They told me "It's great!" and that's it! I never be good enough. Nobody want to help me. Nobody. Even my parents, or friends, or the people, who have to help people like me. Like the hole world is against me. Is that a game, or what? It's not funny. It's painfull. I don't want to cry anymore. I don't want to fight. I want just to be me. But I can't. I'm writer. This is not a human. It's creator. He is lonely and thats all. I know my desteny, but... I cant' anymore.

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Re: Hope?

Postby TerryRodgers » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:16 pm

Is it possible that you don't quite have a grasp of the English language? Everyone has typos, but from your post, I see a lot more than normal. Could this be the reason your writing is not taking off? Giving up is not the answer. Finding out what is wrong and working on the problem is the answer. If you give up on one thing, you'll give up on everything. Keep working on your craft. Keep reading, and I mean read a lot across all genres. And pick up a simple grammar book. I did and it did wonders for my grammar. Good luck.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:22 pm

Is this a prank, or is English not your first language?

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:17 pm

I see that you are Bulgarian, vespatient, and that you have written 8 books in Bulgarian. That is a terrific achievement. However, if you want your work to succeed in the West, you either need to improve your English or find a better translator. I wish you all the very best. :)
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:45 pm

i'm sorry you're feeling so down about your book, ves...

i help writers all over the world whose first language is not english, so if you'd like to find out if i can be of any help to you with this book, send me an email and we'll see what i can do...

love and hugs, maia
maia3maia@hotmail.com
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Bradley Steven
Private E-1

Postby Bradley Steven » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:21 pm

My best writing comes from pain like that. I will make points that I think are important to help you work this out. I see those ideas in the voice of what you wrote. I have personal experience in this, not from writing being judged, but other abilities. I feel like I can relate.

"I want just to be me." This is more you than any character you could ever come up with.

"It's creator." It is just that. Our ability to express pain comes from The Creator just for the pleasure of hearing you express it. You can be your own therapist, best suited for expressing what is already inside of you.

" I'm writer." Start writing.

Return to Conversation question