[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
School Project HELP! : Conversation question • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

School Project HELP!

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
mandys81
Private E-1

School Project HELP!

Postby mandys81 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:05 pm

Hi All!

I am a freshman in high school, and I have been assigned a project which requires me to interview someone who has a background in the career field I intend to find employment in once I graduate high school. I don't know anyone. My teacher said I could probably find someone here, who would be willing to answer a few questions for me.

Who will help me?

Thanks so much!

Bryanna :D

DrG2
Colonel

Re: School Project HELP!

Postby DrG2 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:49 pm

what career are you interested in?

You might want to post the questions here, and then someone can answer them in this thread or send you a private message.

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:56 pm

Is it coin swallowing? I'm very good at it, and it pays the bills. :D

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:14 pm

Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

MookyMcD
Captain

Postby MookyMcD » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:17 am

Ignore the children... :D

James A. Ritchie and Maia are probably the people you want to talk to, not these yahoos. One of them is bound to see this, and I would bet help you out.

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Postby LilliesCarol » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:27 am

Mooky you might add that Maia is MAMAMAIA. Either one you mentioned is an excellent choice. You might also consider PLS a former school teacher who is very sharp and could possibly give you good direction.
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:55 pm

mandy... you can email me your questions...

love and hugs, maia
maia3maia@hotmail.com
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:04 pm

davidtrounce
Private E-1

Postby davidtrounce » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:45 pm

I am still curious to know what Bryanna was wanting to ask.... She never actually told us what she wanted to have answered.
Currently fumbling around with articles. Trying to fill the world with Kissable words.

MookyMcD
Captain

Postby MookyMcD » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:17 am

I've been on the "kid with a career interview" assignment side and the "can I interview you about your job" side. It's almost certainly about the background people in the field have, education required, job requirements, what you do in a typical day, etc.

Next

Return to Conversation question