[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
A Double Life : Conversation question • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

A Double Life

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Re: A Double Life

Postby TerryRodgers » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:43 pm

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Postby LilliesCarol » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:57 am

Oh dear, Mook, you really crack me up. Why someone has not grabbed you up and kept you all to herself is a mystery to me. With a sense of humor like you have and the "cush" job, if I were young and free again, I'd snap you up in a minute, she said with a smile on her face and a hearty laugh. :lol:

Some of us get lucky late in life." I'm so glad I'm not young any more," quoting the song because I found the most wonderful man for me and our golden years are delightful to share. If I had a magic wand I'd wish that happiness for everyone.
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

MookyMcD
Captain

Postby MookyMcD » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:58 am

I still have 4 daughters, 3 sisters, and my constant four-legged companion is even a female. :D Adding women to my life is not a high priority right now.

jj3ffr3y
Private E-1

Postby jj3ffr3y » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:49 pm

Mazy
Private First Class

Postby Mazy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:35 pm

The bottom line is; if you want something strongly enough, you make room in your life. One more child is one more napkin at the table and one more point of view. One more late shift, is one more creative rant. Raising children alone is a privlige, not a sacrifice. Raising a family with a partner in it for 50 percent of the haul...is a near miracle. If you want to write, move your alarm up an hour and hit it! Come on, Sloopy, you can do it!
[color=#4000FF]“Four thousand volumes of metaphysics
will not teach us what the soul is.” Voltaire
[/color

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:10 pm

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:13 pm

DrG2
Colonel

Postby DrG2 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:26 pm

The Cormorant
Private E-1

Postby The Cormorant » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:29 pm

Thanks all,

And especially Carol, I needed the chiding. Just a bump in the road that I called a mountain. I'm better than that. Actually, I wrote 500 words today. It's a start.
"The hearts of Arabs are filled with words of furious passion that slip through eloquent tongues, unto deaf ears, which belong to nodding heads."

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Postby LilliesCarol » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:49 pm

Good for you Cormorant. I knew you could do it all the time you just needed a little push to get over the hill, not the mountain, but the hill. I'll look forward to reading a snippet of what you've written.
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

PreviousNext

Return to Conversation question