[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
WHAT WILL YOU ACCOMPLISH IN 2014 : Conversation question • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

WHAT WILL YOU ACCOMPLISH IN 2014

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
LilliesCarol
Colonel

Re: WHAT WILL YOU ACCOMPLISH IN 2014

Postby LilliesCarol » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:31 pm

From all the good advice you give, James, one would never know you've battled heart problems. You've just gone over a bump in the road in 2013, but you have a whole new year to do all the things you want to accomplish. Have a prosperous 2014 and a healthy one.
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:14 pm

nhope
Lieutenant

Postby nhope » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:00 pm

Carol, bless you and I hope your future is full of health and love.

Jowen, Happy Birthday! Time does fly, doesn't it?

James, shame on you! I'm sure you can quit without spooking sweet little children and pestering animals. You should write an article on the dangers of the mood swings that control you when you're trying to quit and backpedal into why you shouldn't start in the first place, told from the point of view of a cigarette. 8-) And then let us read it.

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Postby LilliesCarol » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:29 pm

If this comes up for a second time, then I've had too much OJ. Nhope, you really hit the nail on the head. I'm still laughing. James why not take her advice and write super duper story and let us all read it. What a great way to begin the new year. All who agree say yeah!!!

pegs
Captain

Postby pegs » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:02 pm

Lillies, good to hear your positive thoughts from your mature vantage point!

James, good luck with quitting smoking. I have not had to kick that particular habit, but I know many who have, and there's nothing more difficult to quit, so they say. Good on you for doing it.

For writing accomplishments in 2014 I hope to focus my weekly column on smaller topics and go deeper.
Peggy Spencer
Co-Author,with Sheila Key, of 50 Ways to Leave Your 40s, released in March 2008.

http://pegspot.blogspot.com
http://50waystoleaveyour40s.blogspot.com

Jowen
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Jowen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:09 am

[imge=3509-3]

The Cormorant
Private E-1

Postby The Cormorant » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:54 pm

"The hearts of Arabs are filled with words of furious passion that slip through eloquent tongues, unto deaf ears, which belong to nodding heads."

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Postby LilliesCarol » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:04 am

How nice to hear about what you all have done and you all hope to accomplish this year and next year.

James, years ago when in grade school ( Lord that was ever so many years ago) once every other month we would have a guest speaker or a special movie for the entire school to hear/watch. There are two that I remember. One: A man came and told us about the bed effects of smoking. He had a healthy lung and a smoker's lung. I think they were preserved in some chemical. The healthy one was pink and the smoker lung was black. I guess it made such an impact on me I never had the desire to smoke, although I did try it twice. It lasted one week each time, as the morning after taste was so horrible I couldn't stand it. That was enough for me. Tales out of school (now alcohol was a different subject, we can go into that at another time). I will support you all the way James, if my husband can quit cold turkey I think you can gather the muster to hold fast. He owned a restaurant/cocktail lounge for over 60 years and had to be among smokers every day. One day someone bet he could not stop smoking. He took his pack of cigarette and smashed the on the bar. He never smoked again. That was over 50 years ago and he's 95 now. If he can do it being among smokers and tempted, so can you. I will be your biggest rooting section and I want reports on your splendid progress.

Previous

Return to Conversation question