[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Just for fun ( and curiosity ) where are you from? : Conversation question • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Just for fun ( and curiosity ) where are you from?

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
AibreanShowers
Corporal

Just for fun ( and curiosity ) where are you from?

Postby AibreanShowers » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:40 pm

I realize that many longstanding members of this forum know each other, but for the sake of newer forum members I am just curious to know where you hail from. I am in Michigan, I lived 36 years on the lakeshore in Muskegon and the last ten near Lansing.( I much prefer the lakeshore). Whether the US or abroad, would love to hear.

robjvargas
Captain

Re: Just for fun ( and curiosity ) where are you from?

Postby robjvargas » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:52 pm

Air Force Brat here. I was born in Madrid, Spain. Most of my life in the USA. Different school every year until 5th grade. Some had it even worse.

Spent the most time around St Louis, so I generally simplify to that.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

MookyMcD
Captain

Postby MookyMcD » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:59 pm

I'm half of the Boise, Idaho, contingent.

And not the good half, either.

Elibet1
Lieutenant

Postby Elibet1 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:01 pm

Started the journey in Glasgow, Scotland then moved to Texas in my early thirties. If I could I'd spend the summers in Scotland and the winters in Texas. :mrgreen:

maxwellkirk
Private E-1

Postby maxwellkirk » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:11 am

Born and raised in Australia but now living in Hong Kong.

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 am

Perhaps I am the other half of the Boise, Idaho, contigent. ;)

I have been here for eighteen years this month and it is the longest I've lived anywhere.

I was born in Connecticut though and moved more than Rob did as kid all over the country, including Alaska. The roughest school year- 4th grade, 4 schools, in 4 different states. I wasn't an army brat either moving over 34 times by the time I was 18.

MookyMcD
Captain

Postby MookyMcD » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:02 am

I can't even imagine that. They were big on alphabetical seating when I was a kid in the 70s and 80s. I sat next to the same guy in kindergarten that I sat next to at my high school graduation. We moved once, but we watched them build our new house from the roof of our old house.

AibreanShowers
Corporal

Postby AibreanShowers » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:31 am

Wow! Rob, Elibet, Laycrew and Maxwellkirk. I can't even imagine moving so much, you make my existence seem pretty boring. :D Mooky, I can relate, we did the assigned seating thing too, so I saw the backs of the same people's heads for years :mrgreen:

AibreanShowers
Corporal

Postby AibreanShowers » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:18 am

louiseh87
Lieutenant

Postby louiseh87 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:32 am

Louise :)

---------------------------
- where I extend talking to myself to the internet sphere

"Over the Waves", Strange Horizons (13 August 2012)

Next

Return to Conversation question