[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Is it something that people would be interested in? : Conversation question • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Is it something that people would be interested in?

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
Yazan Borhan
Private E-1

Is it something that people would be interested in?

Postby Yazan Borhan » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:28 pm

I'm from Syria, lived 2 years during the Syrian civil war.
Now I'm writing a book about my experience in English.
I was wondering if I published it on Amazon.com or somewhere else, would it get a big interest? Are people interested in knowing on what's really going on in Syria?
Thank you!

Elibet1
Lieutenant

Re: Is it something that people would be interested in?

Postby Elibet1 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:10 pm

Hi Yazan, welcome to the WD forums :-)

I don't know how much interest there would be in your story, but I'm sure there would be some.

All the best,
Elizabeth

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:33 pm

if it's well-written and timely, you may be able to find an agent and paying publisher for it...

otherwise, interest would probably be minimal, but there does seem to be at least one buyer for every self-published/e-book, no matter how it's written, or what it's about...

i've mentored quite a few folks from the middle east who wanted to share their experiences, so if you want advice, or help with it, i'm only a mouse-click away...

love and hugs, maia
maia3maia@hotmail.com
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Yazan Borhan
Private E-1

Postby Yazan Borhan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:53 pm

Return to Conversation question