[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Few Grammar Questions : Conversation question • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Few Grammar Questions

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Re: Few Grammar Questions

Postby Anya Kylash » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:52 am

hey, we pump our water fresh from the ground, so we can't save any more money on that. As for electricity, all I ever run is my laptop. Can't say the same for the rest of my family. Oh well, I didn't like this game that much anyway. :'(
Finished:
Race Against Fate -101k words
Loyalties Lost -121k words
Forgotten -100k words
Friends and Foes -113k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

jaus tail
Lieutenant

Postby jaus tail » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:37 am

saving the world isnt as cool as magician fight, which brings to another question, how to make a documentary interesting
i mean movies on war and boom boom and bam violence and race and iron man and avengers are blockbusters but documentaries on global warming and illness and world challenges are boring

i myself would get bored by a documentary, they are slow
Have a nice day

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:46 am

I like war documentaries, lol. Global warming, illness, and world challenges: Global warming is a minor problem, much exaggerated. Illnesses come and go, but we should expect animal diseases that may become transmittable to humans. And the world always has challenges and I try to be well informed on them.
Finished:
Race Against Fate -101k words
Loyalties Lost -121k words
Forgotten -100k words
Friends and Foes -113k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

jaus tail
Lieutenant

Postby jaus tail » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:37 am

so what do we do? writing about it here doesnt help, nor does being informed help those who might be in trouble
Have a nice day

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:45 am

jaus tail
Lieutenant

Postby jaus tail » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:48 am

i dont know much about ozone, you'll may be right, but i do believe that man is responsible for the suffering of many of nature's other species and also other men.
rich coutnries are known to throw their waste in other nations.

in my country the rich use more water for trivial purposes while the poor battle for water for basic uses
earlier i was of the belief that it is the fault of the poor for being poor

that if lightening strikes a rotten tree, it's the tree's fault for being rotten,
but i disagree with this. i dont think the lightening as any business striking a rotten tree
man's carelessness causes many problems. again in my country, mobile antennae are placed on terraces of residential buildings. the waves of those towers are believed to cause harm to kids, pregnant women.
it is the fault of the residents(adults) who allow the mobile(cell phone networks) to build antenna on the terraces. in return the company pays the residents. but the kids suffer.
as for the smoke from chimneys. many industrialists put filters/nets along the path of chimneys to collect the sulphur dust but many companies refrain from it
Have a nice day

Mike1950
Private E-1

Postby Mike1950 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:47 pm

null
Last edited by Mike1950 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaus tail
Lieutenant

Postby jaus tail » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:23 pm

you're welcome mike...did you like it so much that there was a smile on your face

victoria was gawking you from the balconey and caught your smile. she brough the binocular closer to her eyes and tried to read the monitor. she leaned ahead and alas, fell down the sill and bam on the floor. her husband heard her shriek and folded his newspaper. he got up and walked to the balconey and when he saw his wife squashed on the floor, he put his hand on his hips. he walked to the table, switched on the music system and began dancing, shook his hips, kicks the air and moved his arms like he was milking an imaginary cow. he asked mike for the reason and when he found out about me and how i freed him from his tormenting wife, he gave me lots and lots and lots of money...yoo hoo i'm super rich
Have a nice day

Previous

Return to Conversation question