[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Where do i get the spells from for my fantasy novel? : Conversation question • Page 4 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Where do i get the spells from for my fantasy novel?

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
jaus tail
Lieutenant

Re: Where do i get the spells from for my fantasy novel?

Postby jaus tail » Sun May 12, 2013 11:16 am

Oldtimer flew down the broomstick and met Anya at the castle’s terrace. Anya winked and the torches of the castle ignited, spreading yellow light across the stone castle.

Oldtimer removed her hat, held it by its tip and asked, “Good to see you again friend.”

“Whatever,” said Anya blowing air over her nails, “Why have you called me here?”

Oldtimer smiled and intertwined her fingers, “As you know, the recent battle between the two magicians has caused tremendous body count. Most of our friends are in prison while a few of Rosebud’s soldiers are in our jail.”

“So?” asked Anya, “What do you want me to do?”

“Our head evil mega monstrous Jaus, and his long spiked toxic tail is in arkham prison. I want you to free him and all will be cool.”

Anya walked to her and said, “Arkham prison is guarded by rosebud.”

“I know, you’ve battled her once, though lost but you know her moves. Think you can handle it.”

Anya replied, “Yes, I’ll try.”

An hour later she walked at the gate of Arkham prison and saw rosebud ahead.

“So we meet again,” said Rosebud.

“You bet,” replied Anya and said, “Mirror mirror on the wall, fill the woman with spiked balls.”

A constellation of spiked balls appeared and began veering towards Rosebud. She grit her teeth and said, “Love right, love here. turns the balls to teddy bears.”

The balls turned to bears and fell on the ground. Rosebud asked, “Got any more moves girl.”

Anya said, “Oak broad, river old, create super magnificent cold,” she blew a frosty air that froze Rosebud. Anya saw her fall on the ground and walked to her. She tapped her body and said, “She’s fainted, yes I won.” She pranced around, raised her hands in an exaggerated prayer and said, “I won, I won, I won, I cant believe I won. I won, I won, I won. Yoo hoo. Yes I won.”

“Stop screaming,” said Oldtimer floating on her broom stick, “You’ll awaken the guards.”

White pegassi rose from the grounds and walked towards Anya.

Anya hung her tongue out and said, “Oops, gotta go. Stars many, they shine the room, stars listen, make me…boom.” She disappeared and teleported to her castle and said, “over to you timer.”

Inside the prison Oldtimer flew with broom stick. She used her lazer eyes to defeat the guards that came in her way. When she landed she was attacked by two pegassi. She used her broom and hit them on their head and said, “Take that and that and that also. And where are you going?”

After defeating them she walked to the dark prison that contained jaus and asked, “hello friend.”

Jaus looked at her and said, “you came? I thought you were mad at me that I lost the battle.”

“We all fall, the point is to get up and get back. so are you willing to get back and do all those evil tricks that you once promised?”

Jaus lowered her head and asked, “Are you willing to forgive me?”

Oldtimer smiled and said, "Only if you agree to create more chaos."
Have a nice day

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Sun May 12, 2013 5:26 pm

Create more chaos, Jaus! I love your stories!
Finished:
Race Against Fate -101k words
Loyalties Lost -121k words
Forgotten -100k words
Friends and Foes -113k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

rosebud
Major

Postby rosebud » Sun May 12, 2013 10:36 pm

"I shall not be defeated!" Rosebud cries out as her weary bones thaw.

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Sun May 12, 2013 10:48 pm

Wanna bet?

Heart beats red -flames and breath,
Stop this heart and commence death!
Finished:
Race Against Fate -101k words
Loyalties Lost -121k words
Forgotten -100k words
Friends and Foes -113k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

jaus tail
Lieutenant

Postby jaus tail » Mon May 13, 2013 12:36 am

the plot thickens.
Have a nice day

Mazy
Private First Class

Postby Mazy » Fri May 17, 2013 12:05 pm

[color=#4000FF]“Four thousand volumes of metaphysics
will not teach us what the soul is.” Voltaire
[/color

rosebud
Major

Postby rosebud » Sun May 19, 2013 10:14 pm

Welcome Mazy.

UnicornBaby
Private E-2

Postby UnicornBaby » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:49 pm

You could create your own. Poetry put to enchantment. :).
My heart is my totem, a blackened beating taunt that soaks the Page with its prevail. Its blood becomes my ink as I stab the Pen into it. I heave forward with my hollow chest, entranced in my decay, sorry to say, that I am a writer of Darkness now.

jaus tail
Lieutenant

Postby jaus tail » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:17 pm

thanks
Have a nice day

Previous

Return to Conversation question