[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Writing Villains Your Way... And how others view him/her : Conversation question • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Writing Villains Your Way... And how others view him/her

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
TNE
Private First Class

Re: Writing Villains Your Way... And how others view him/her

Postby TNE » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:14 am

Idk much about DBZ (played the games)but I see what you mean that Vegeta is way cooler than Frieza will ever be.

But anyways a way how I write my villains is that there is always a catalyst or event that changes their way of thinking and then they act according to that change of thought. They try to pursue there new goal by all means necessary because they are determined. And to remember that they are still human. Except writing them in a way that makes them understandable but we would never want ourselves to make the choice the villain did.

Sauron could be looked as a folk hero for keeping the orcs banded together and intact after Morgoth had passed. Not to mention, Sauron has loyal Nazghul who fear and respect him. Sort of like how Genghis Khan is looked at in history some say he's a villain and in Mongolia, he is a legendary hero. And Genghis Khan has his own sort of King Arthur myth about him.

Worst villains though have to be those who are poorly written. They have no motive like doing evil just for the sake of evil. Or they lock up a potential threat just for the sake of basking in evil's glory. What an idiot? Taunting the hero is one thing but entrusting a task to his lesser minions while they go attend to some other event that's to the villain's liking is beyond foolish. :roll: Because once they do that, it's like they're asking to get killed. :? But because they're so ballsy to court with death I have to give them a little credit for their confidence...or stupidity.

Though My favorite worst villain of all time though has to be Dr. Evil from Austin Powers. :lol: Dr. Evil sure knows how to call it when dealing with the 'lost my mojo' suave.

Ps: I never knew My Little Pony has bad guys. :o That just shattered my universe.

LMGilbert
Lieutenant

Re: Writing Villains Your Way... And how others view him/her

Postby LMGilbert » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:22 am

Previous

Return to Conversation question