[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
How to describe this sitting style on chair? : Conversation question • Page 5 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

How to describe this sitting style on chair?

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
jaus tail
Lieutenant

Re: How to describe this sitting style on chair?

Postby jaus tail » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:33 am

Thank you for the word straddle and astride.
Have a nice day

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:37 am

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:50 am

i'm just worried about what he can do with mine! :shock:
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Elibet1
Lieutenant

Postby Elibet1 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:01 pm

LOL! :-)

jaus tail
Lieutenant

Postby jaus tail » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:40 pm

Mama squinted her brown eyes, the lines around them tightened, as she looked at Terry smiling in front of him. The man has lost everything. He’s at my mercy in my den. What is he smiling about?

She tapped the barrel of her gun with her right hand, looked away from him and said, “You’re becoming insane Terry. The smile which once exuded mystique looks miserable now. As is the last attempt of an injured champion to come back even though he knows it’s not possible.”

“Why is it not possible?” asked Terry closing his fingers about the iron chains. It was paining now.

“I’ll give you an easy death. It’s the least I can do for my partner,” said Mama raising the gun towards him, “Any last wishes?”

“You’ll never succeed,” replied Terry.

Past experiences sprouted fear in her mind that he might be right. Terry had created this seven million dollars of worth agency from a blog. She remembered the interviews he gave to magazines where he humbly said, “It was only a hobby.”

You don’t put so much effort in a hobby. You don’t stay awake late nights only to find the right words to describe the ambulance. There’s no way he’d go without a fight. Stop smirking, she walked to him, moved the lapel of his jacket with the barrel of her gun and pressed it against his white T-shirt.

“Good bye, Terry,” she said.

BOOM

Lightening struck, smoke emerged from the crevices, from between the rocks, of Mama’s den. She abruptly looked around, brought the gun to herself, then pointed it randomly at the smoke, which began converging. The smoke went like streams of a rain water going down a hill. The water has a destination; it’s gravity that pulls it down. This smoke gathered and then began whirling around like a cyclone. It then faded as if some portal in the centre of the cyclone were absorbing the smoke to some other dimension.

As smoke went it gave way to Rosebud. Pointed ears, yellow halo above her head, yellow chain medal hanging by her chain around her neck. Her hands were raised in an exaggerated prayer. She snapped her fingers and the rusted chains around Terry’s hands broke reduced to dust.

“What the...?” said Mama. She pointed the gun towards Rosebud.

Rosebud smiled and tilted her head. She put her right hand on her hip and said, “This place is so no my type.” She rolled her eyes, panned the area and BAM the were teleported to Hawaii.

Terry’s jacket, Tshirt and jeans was replaced by T-shirt and shorts. Rosebud looked at a volleyball match between American and British men. Mama snapped her fingers and the men were reduced to dark brown porcupine, who began roaming around helplessly, nibbling on the white ball.

Mama blinked her eyes, teleporting herself near to Rosebud and said, “Why did you come here? Shouldn’t you be in your own galaxy?”

“I was sent by the police force to jail you. First you befriend this innocent earthworm.”

“Excuse me,” said Terry, “If you angels have to slang us you could call us Earthlings.”

Rosebud raised her hand to him and said, “I saved you, gave you fancy shorts and even a set of six packs abs. I think I’m allowed to be liberal with your name.”

“You gave me abs,” said Terry then raised the hem of his shirt and saw the newly formed slab on his chest, “Wow!”

“This is wrong,” said Mama, “I almost had him dead and control over his investment. He’s one of those working souls, his soul would’ve given me power.”

“Yeah yeah whatever,” said Rosebud.

“Well,” Mama eyes fell on Rosebud’s hands, she saw her fingers and said, “What is this thing? Where did you get these nails from?”

“It’s Carrie’s magic.”

“They’re so cool,” said Mama.

“I know,” said Rosebud blowing air over her nails, “There’s a reason I go to Saturn to get my nails done.”

“Can you take me? I’d love be stylish like you.”

“I can’t, I killed seven men to earn the browny points required to enter Carrie’s beauty parlor. Sorry.”

Mama rolled her eyes, and tapped the ground with her right foot.

“What are you thinking?” asked Rosebud.

“Earth is filled with working people. If we take their souls we could get entry to Carrie’s parlour.”

“No, I came here to bring you back from the wrong doings. Earth isn’t our territory,” said Rosebud.

“I’m talking about a lifetime membership to Carrie’s parlor.”

Rosebud looked at Terry who had his hands around the lifeguard’s shoulder. She was wearing a red bikine and had blonde hair, blue eyes. Terry moved his hand to her waist and smiled. “Nice abs,” she said.

Rosebud snapped again, transforming the girl to a chicken.

“You can’t be serious,” replied Terry.
Have a nice day

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:05 pm

Oh my heck! Hahaha!! :lol: :lol: That is SO funny Jaus. I love it.

DrG2
Colonel

Postby DrG2 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:38 pm

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:48 pm

Jaus, I'm just trying to picture that! That's awesome!
Finished:
Race Against Fate -101k words
Loyalties Lost -121k words
Forgotten -100k words
Friends and Foes -113k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:19 am

"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:41 am

I'm laughing with tears in my eyes. That was funny. And I have six-pack. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Conversation question