[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Are there any bloggers in this forum? : Conversation question • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Are there any bloggers in this forum?

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
Marinam
Private E-1

Are there any bloggers in this forum?

Postby Marinam » Fri May 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi I am Marinam from TN and I have a blog site in blogger.com and I have 13 blogs there in various topics. You can view them here: (spam URL removed -pls.)
Anyway, I would like to know if anyone here would like to visit and critique my blogs?
Also I want to know if anyone would like to tell me if they blog also and talk about this issue. I have one very popular blog which has had over 30,000 views since Sept. of 2009. It is the criminal mind blog. Anyway, I would love to meet a few bloggers here even though I know most people here are writers who write books, etc.
I also do write and bloggers are writers so I think I am in the right place here.
Maybe some of you writers here can find some ideas on writing in my 13 blogs. :D

kankowitz
Sergeant

Re: Are there any bloggers in this forum?

Postby kankowitz » Fri May 11, 2012 9:19 pm

If you are looking for ways in which to improve your writing by asking for critique of what has already been published then you are putting the horse before the cart.

Here, on the forums, you will find all types/styles/genres of writers and many of us blog as well.

We writers can be a picky bunch...we are less apt to click on links to others' blogs than we are to offer what we know of the many aspects of writing. In other words, we may shy away at being asked to critique a blog site where we would already expect it to be perfected and polished seeing as it is already published.

Writing well is what makes one a good writer (maybe even a popular one), not the number of 'hits' on a particular blog post. Hits can be misleading and may not necessarily be a 'reader' of your work but a internet generated view coming from a 'machine' and not a person.
KarenRankowitz (I am not 'kankowitz'...that's disgusting!)
Joined Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:54 am (new forum format messed this up a bit)

http://montville-ct.patch.com/users/kar ... blog_posts
http://www.excursionzmagazine.com/

Elibet1
Lieutenant

Postby Elibet1 » Fri May 11, 2012 10:00 pm

What Karen said :D

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sat May 12, 2012 7:31 am

Ditto Karen and Elibet, but I think Karen meant to put the cart before the horse. :D
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

kankowitz
Sergeant

Postby kankowitz » Sat May 12, 2012 7:38 am

KarenRankowitz (I am not 'kankowitz'...that's disgusting!)
Joined Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:54 am (new forum format messed this up a bit)

http://montville-ct.patch.com/users/kar ... blog_posts
http://www.excursionzmagazine.com/

LMGilbert
Lieutenant

Postby LMGilbert » Sat May 12, 2012 12:11 pm

You might like The Passing Tramp blog, about mystery novels. Ruth Rendell, Agatha Christie & others. Robert Brewer, a WD guy, has a blog called My Name is Not Bob which I follow. I'm assuming you're interested in blogs about writing/literature?

Elibet1
Lieutenant

Postby Elibet1 » Sat May 12, 2012 12:27 pm

LOL, poor horse is all confused now :mrgreen:

LMGilbert
Lieutenant

Postby LMGilbert » Fri May 18, 2012 7:53 am

I'd be pretty confused too if I were pumping out 13 different blogs.

Return to Conversation question