[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Blogged and Burned : Conversation question • Page 4 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Blogged and Burned

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
drjones99
Private E-1

RE: Blogged and Burned

Postby drjones99 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:49 am

Capitalist_Pig
Captain

Postby Capitalist_Pig » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:50 am

drjones99
Private E-1

Postby drjones99 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:17 am

Capitalist_Pig
Captain

Postby Capitalist_Pig » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:31 pm

Georganna
Brigadier General

Postby Georganna » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:45 pm

Unfortunately for some, they didn't realize that a blog is a Very Public place to throw out  opinions and expressions of feeling.  Not only is a blog page considered Published, it is available 24/7, worldwide.  No one remains anonymous for long on the web, as a low level, very snarky commentor who liked to call herself The Pitch B***h recently discovered.  I don't think she visited the W.D. forum, but she showed her ignorance on several others, as well as in her blog, which has been pulled.  (It still exists in archives and search engine indexes, however.)

I really feel sorry for Miss B***h.  She's royally s*****d her career, such as it was. 

Capitalist_Pig
Captain

Postby Capitalist_Pig » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:51 am

Roey1275
Private E-1

Postby Roey1275 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:14 pm

After reading several posts regarding myspace, I decided to create a more professional blog page on blogspot. I will still use myspace blog to connect with family and friends and use more as a journaling and reflection tool. My blogspot is going to be more practical, more like short articles and stories that could be used for magazine ideas or books one day. If you would be so kind as to view it and tell me what you think about the format of my first blog, I would really appreciate it. Even more, if you would like to subscribe and make comments...I would be happy to do the same for yours!

Thanks!

http://roanneleraine.blogspot.com/

Capitalist_Pig
Captain

Postby Capitalist_Pig » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:08 am

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby abqwriter » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:29 am

I don't ever write anything on either of my blogs (or forums) that I would be embarrassed to hear on a radio talk show.

We recently elected a new official to oversee our elections, and it turns out she had a personal blog that the afternoon talk show host found and read to his fairly large audience.  He would ask people, "Do we really need to know that our newly elected official bought three new dresses and worries about whether the red one makes her look fat?".  He absolutely roasted her on the radio based on the innane posts in her blog.  I felt very sorry for the woman.  I know she thought it was a personal blog being shared by a few friends and found out the hard way just how public it was.

Capitalist_Pig
Captain

Postby Capitalist_Pig » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:36 am

PreviousNext

Return to Conversation question