[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Blogged and Burned : Conversation question • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Blogged and Burned

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
Capitalist_Pig
Captain

RE: Blogged and Burned

Postby Capitalist_Pig » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:40 am

gdmrngbtfl
Private E-1

Postby gdmrngbtfl » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:21 pm

I agree wih Amazonian on this one. It's about attention regardless of of whether it is positive or negative. The reason behind posting a blog is to have it read. The reaction is the bonus. If it was read it was successful. ;)

Mauvekat
Private First Class

Postby Mauvekat » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:53 pm

I don't consider my answer straddling the fence. I like blogs, I read which ones I want to and if I don't like them, I don't read them. It is jsut that simple, it is the same as fiction or other writing. We read what we like and if we don't like it, it is up to us to decide. I guess I was trying to point out how silly it is when people sit around complaining about someone blog adn then jsut keep reading it to complain about it more. Why in the world are they stillr eading it then? Just to complain? It is just another expression of people thoughts and I don't see anythign wrong with it. We have the right to express ourselves and no one can write without the possibably of offending someone. I feel attacking the blogs is petty and silly, so in very clear words so not be straddling or appear to be straddling any line what so ever, I think the blogs are just fine. But don't complain when people don't like what you write, it is the nature of the beast.

Wendy

Kathleen
Private E-1

Postby Kathleen » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:20 am

i would have your back ..if i knew just exactly a blog was...or..is...can you help me with the translation please?...thanks..have a good day....kathleen

Capitalist_Pig
Captain

Postby Capitalist_Pig » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:08 am

Capitalist_Pig
Captain

Postby Capitalist_Pig » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:10 am

Mauvekat
Private First Class

Postby Mauvekat » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:29 pm

Thank you, I appreciate it. A Blog is a online site where people can post their thoughts, journals ans such online where others can read them or comment upon. It is a really popular thing to do these days and kind of fun, well that at least is what I think personally. I have one on MySpace right now.

Wendy

Capitalist_Pig
Captain

Postby Capitalist_Pig » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:02 am

I think we have a bit bigger problem than iffy blogs, here: miscommunication.

We can't very well debate about things we know nothing of, now can we? (Granted, we can debate about them; but not very well.)

drjones99
Private E-1

Postby drjones99 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:46 am

Blogs can be a little tricky, especially if a lot of people read them. I have one aimed at friends and family, but others can read it if they stumble across it. That doesn't bother me. But I do take care not to make things too negative, and I do write tongue-in-cheek most of the time. That's how I am in person, too.

I'm a journalist, and that generally means writing objectively and factually, and putting yourself in the reader's position. So I like blogs because you can express yourself and practice your writing. It's an easy and fun way to play around, with the added bonus that others will probably enjoy reading it too.

I'm not sure what I would do if my own website was an important part of my business. I'd probably not link my personal blog, but I might start another, more relevant one.

Jeff

Capitalist_Pig
Captain

Postby Capitalist_Pig » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:12 am

PreviousNext

Return to Conversation question