[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
If you could be anything in the world what would it be? : Conversation question • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

If you could be anything in the world what would it be?

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
roda havet
Captain

If you could be anything in the world what would it be?

Postby roda havet » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:24 pm

To help myself get back on track with writing I asked myself a question. That question is: If you could be anything in the world a non mythical creature to a mythical what would it be?
After pondering the question for a while I thought maybe a vampire because they can do about anything their heart desires. Vampires live for years on end and get to see the world, any place they wish. Plus they get to experience things from both a human and a vampires perspective. They see the world for what it is before they are turned, then after being turned things are different. As the stories go a vampire you can only die by silver bullets, stacks to the chest (heart), burning, and chopping their head off. I may have missed a few not sure. Vampires seem to have so many different powers depending on what you read which makes it kind of cool as well. And they don't really have to follow rules either. With as much as I like vampire stories myself there is one thing that maybe a downer which is their life span being so long. With that being said maybe being something simple would be better. Like a unicorn, fairy, or something majestic that just shows beauty and no worries of anything. A guess a fairy would be nice they are beautiful and magical with wings plus powers of their own.
What would you be if you could be anything in the world? (from a non mythical creature to mythical to just something as simple as a piece of grass or a tree)
Can't wait to see what everyone's response is. :mrgreen:
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

roda havet
Captain

Re: If you could be anything in the world what would it be?

Postby roda havet » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:32 pm

After posting this yesterday I decided to give a similar question to my daughters. I wanted to see what they would come up with. So here is how a worded the question for them: If you could be anything in the world what would it be? After that I explained to them what all they could be. Then I asked them to explain why they chose what they did. Here is what they had to say.
My oldest daughter (11 years old) chose to be: Lord Demon (please keep in mind she likes watching kid friendly anime) Her reason for choosing a lord demon is that they are power and control everything of the night.
My youngest daughter (9 years old) chose to be: Unicorn Her reason for choosing a unicorn is "They are great", also she said unicorns can use their horns to make things and they are beautiful in her eyes.
I found this to be interesting because something I took a long time to answer only took my oldest a few seconds. Though my youngest kept changing her before she gave an answer. My youngest at first said she would be a zombie, then a race car driver, and finally settled on a unicorn only because she found them beautiful. After doing this with them it really shows me that everyone has their own way of thinking no matter how old they are. Plus we all enjoy/like a wide variety of things and look at things in many different ways. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:37 am

I think I'd like to be a dung beetle.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:14 pm

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:29 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:51 am

When you think about I guess their life is pretty simple.

Function
Private E-1

Postby Function » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:03 am

I'd be the best lucid dreamer in the world. I'd be so good at it that I could do the whole levels thing from Inception, and create whole worlds I could spend ages expanding and exploring.

Except I would hope it wouldn't have the same psychological effect on me as it did on Mal.

Quoyle
Private First Class

Postby Quoyle » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:59 pm

DrG2
Colonel

Postby DrG2 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:45 pm

I wouldn't have minded being a 6+" taller version of myself. Mighta had a chance to be a pro athlete.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:49 am

Next

Return to Conversation question