[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
An Odd Question : Conversation question • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

An Odd Question

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
T. Thom
Private E-2

An Odd Question

Postby T. Thom » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:36 pm

An odd question for all of you, what is you goal as a writer?
Example my friend writes novels and shorts in a poetry format because she thinks the most important thing in writing is beauty. My other friend fills hers with sarcastic and witty remarks because the most important thing in her writing is to show wit. But what is the most important, or the goal of your work. Maybe I’m asking because I don’t know what my goal is but I would still like to hear what you all think.
T. Thom

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Re: An Odd Question

Postby mammamaia » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:01 am

in my old, discarded, material life, my primary goal was to make a living, a close second was to write whatever landed in my head and needed to get out for others to enjoy reading...

since then, as a full time practicing philosopher, my only goal is to have as many as possible read what i write...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:32 am

To have fun, and to earn a living, as we all must do, one way or another.

max2011
Captain

Postby max2011 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:46 pm

my goal is to be successful in what I do- whether it be writing or other :P

Nordin
Captain

Postby Nordin » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:03 pm

to express myself..

AndreaClimbing
Private E-1

Postby AndreaClimbing » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:28 pm

To show how I see the world. It´s not a goal, because I´m doing it already, but the reason I write. My goal would be to get published, more than once, to actually be read by lots of people, and to keep improving as a writer.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."
— Mark Twain

lorincor
Master Sergeant

Postby lorincor » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:39 pm

I would love to make a living writing, however my ultimate goal is to have someone waiting at midnight at Barnes and Nobles for the release of my next book! How cool would that be? My goal is to inspire through writing. :P

lesliemunnelly
Private First Class

Postby lesliemunnelly » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:36 pm

To allow my imagination to flourish! Of course, publication would be cool, too.

amirsdaddy
Private E-1

Postby amirsdaddy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:18 pm

My goal in the writing itself is to touch people, to make them think and make them say "Wow!" through compelling, beautiful and simple storytelling. And ultimately, to touch people, they have to read it which means publication. Eventually, making a living off it would be ideal.

Qwertyportne

Postby Qwertyportne » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:47 pm

Next

Return to Conversation question