[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
your inspiration? : Conversation question • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

your inspiration?

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
rhondarightbrainlefty
Corporal

your inspiration?

Postby rhondarightbrainlefty » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:46 pm

what has been your most random source of inspiration??
I would have to say one of my most interesting moments where I was inspired would be...rushing home (when there was a blizzard advisory), and seeing one or two cars at a restaurant and people sitting down eating in the window. I started thinking how different that person/those people must be from me. And I'm most inspired by people opposite from myself...and that was when I started to developed one of my most complex characters! and I realllllly enjoyed creating him! :) Mine was not all that random. but what I got from it and where I took it was interesting to me.
Just Beneath the Surface I
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/154778
@rhramsey1214

max2011
Captain

Re: your inspiration?

Postby max2011 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:14 pm

I would have to say the people I didn't know in High School! I was always the outsider.

rhondarightbrainlefty
Corporal

Postby rhondarightbrainlefty » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:49 am

how interesting...so you used parts of those people, and parts of what they seemed to be? i love writing about that age. well...i love writing about ages umm...thirteen to twenty? and then it's more difficult for me, (but i still enjoy) the thirties and up...
@rhramsey1214

Bridgetoo
Private E-1

Postby Bridgetoo » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:20 am

My most random source of inspiration would be when I was listening to a song I have listened to my entire life and suddenly a story inspired by that song. It surprised me by how sudden it came on. The next probably came from history channel. My inspiration is non-stop so it could come from anything but usually comes from words itself (songs, poetry, TV shows).

MimiNinjaUkyo
Private E-1

Postby MimiNinjaUkyo » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:22 pm

For me it's a number of things. Such as music. I listen to a lot of Japanese rock music and most of the bands and singers I listen too inspire me. Reading other books will inspire, people will inspire me, like my friends and stuff..

Mimi Ninja Ukyo

rhondarightbrainlefty
Corporal

Postby rhondarightbrainlefty » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:31 pm

What do you write about?
@rhramsey1214

EcoBeauty
Private First Class

Postby EcoBeauty » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:35 am

Songs, dreams, and fantasies.

Two songs have inspired me to created this one short story about a girl finding her way out of her insecurities. Plus I have plenty of other ideas from songs that I'm going to write down.

Plenty of dreams have inspired short stories in the making and some ideas that I have yet to write a story out of.

A couple of fantasies have inspired two novels in the making, which also pretty much suck. Lol. I have to find a way to approach the idea better, because they have potential..., I think.

T. Thom
Private E-2

Postby T. Thom » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:44 pm

My most wacky inspiration came from the rock that nearly killed me in third grade.
I was ridding my bike in fall after a heavy rain and when I hit the breaks my bike decided it wasn’t done moving forward and as I was on the bike at the time so did I right into a five pound rock sitting in the middle of the road just waiting for some unsuspecting third grader to run there runaway bike into.
I vividly remember the moments wile I was flying through the air, I felt like a bird or a superhero!
Then I felt like an 84 pound lump of grounds beef.
So bloody and not thinking to clearly I shoved the rock into my backpack and took it home to try and kill it!
I still have it to this day and when I wrote Stone Friend (An as yet unpublished book.) that rock was my main character

EcoBeauty
Private First Class

Postby EcoBeauty » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:07 pm

That is extremely fascinating. No lie.

rhondarightbrainlefty
Corporal

Postby rhondarightbrainlefty » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:13 am

@rhramsey1214