[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
favorite part of writing? : Conversation question • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

favorite part of writing?

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
Ragged
Private E-1

Re: favorite part of writing?

Postby Ragged » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:46 am

LOL
I hate everything about it, and have to drag myself by the hair to the keyboard.

So, why do I do it? haha! I wish I knew. Maybe one day I'll enjoy the process and people will enjoy reading my material. Until then I'll just have to put up with a shabby barnet :)

rhondarightbrainlefty
Corporal

Postby rhondarightbrainlefty » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:22 am

Just Beneath the Surface I
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/154778
@rhramsey1214

JMcMurray
Private E-1

Postby JMcMurray » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:26 am

My favorite part of writing is seeing the story develop on paper. It is good to see something nurtured to completion.

Shh_Im_writing
Private E-1

Postby Shh_Im_writing » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:27 pm

Daniel Woodlock
Private E-1

Postby Daniel Woodlock » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:26 pm

My favourite part of writing is creating characters. I love choosing their names, crafting their life story. I like deciding little details of my characters lives even if they aren't relevant to my story, some of the details may never even make it into my draft. Little details help to make my characters feel real.

rhondarightbrainlefty
Corporal

Postby rhondarightbrainlefty » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Just Beneath the Surface I
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/154778
@rhramsey1214

anne2011
Private E-1

Postby anne2011 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:20 pm

Writing a story, with all its elements, is like putting together a puzzle and I control the shape and size of all the pieces. I like that. In one writing session I can feel a trickle of panic when the words don't come easily and then something wonderful happens and there's an avalanche of thoughts and ideas and I can't type fast enough to capture them all. It's almost magical and it can be addictive.
"Take the risk of thinking for yourself - much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

EcoBeauty
Private First Class

Postby EcoBeauty » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:22 am

madmanx
Private E-1

Postby madmanx » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:49 pm

The worlds. The rich histories of imagined races and peoples. This, I believe, is when a writer is at his creative peak; this is when there are no limits, there are no boundaries. Even the Market cannot hold you back where this is concerned; if this were not so, where then would we find The Lord of the Rings, Dune, or even the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series?

looneywriter
General of the Army

Postby looneywriter » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Fight scenes. Definitely fight scenes. :D I like the challenge of putting the "movie" in my head into words.

PreviousNext

Return to Conversation question