[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
hmm...ever get stumped : Conversation question • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

hmm...ever get stumped

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
mgbldr
Private E-1

Re: hmm...ever get stumped

Postby mgbldr » Thu May 10, 2012 10:45 am

I'll have to get back to you. It could be a while.

EccentricKim
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby EccentricKim » Thu May 10, 2012 7:36 pm

I've been writing since I was 6 or 7. When I was 21 or 22 I submitted what I thought was a final draft of the book I wrote to a publishing company. It was returned unread, and said I needed an agent. I had no idea how to research this (it was 7 or 8 years ago, so even online I don't know how prevalent agency web sites were) and I was under the misguided impression that agents required payment up front. This severely stagnated my writing. I would still try to start new stories, and I wrote some shorts and many journal entries, but I didn't get seriously into writing again until I was 26 or 27, and I learned the real way things work and got hope again! Now I'm 30, have had some non-fiction published, and I'm working on the fiction!
Last edited by EccentricKim on Thu May 10, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previously published writer starting over.

EccentricKim
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby EccentricKim » Thu May 10, 2012 7:37 pm

Previously published writer starting over.

Ben Reader
Private E-2

Postby Ben Reader » Fri May 18, 2012 11:05 pm

A very long time… This actually depends on what the distractions are… 

Previous

Return to Conversation question