[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
hmm...ever get stumped : Conversation question • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

hmm...ever get stumped

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
rhondarightbrainlefty
Corporal

hmm...ever get stumped

Postby rhondarightbrainlefty » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:44 pm

What was your longest 'writers block'..../what is the longest it has ever taken you to finish a book? or poem?
Just Beneath the Surface I
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/154778
@rhramsey1214

max2011
Captain

Re: hmm...ever get stumped

Postby max2011 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:31 pm

It's a hard question to answer. See....I'm stumped already :lol:

rhondarightbrainlefty
Corporal

Postby rhondarightbrainlefty » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:19 pm

haha! well...then that's that! lol! stupid question i suppose. especially since i can't come up with an answer either... :?
Just Beneath the Surface I
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/154778
@rhramsey1214

Whiskers
Private E-1

Postby Whiskers » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:27 am

I'm stumped on an event in one of my stories, and have been for about fifteen years (good thing it's not my only story!). My character is a time traveler, and he needs to borrow a book to help his companion. Unfortunately the book in on the seventh floor of the library and books can't be borrowed or checked out. And there's mean guard at the door to make sure you don't try to sneak it out. Anyway, my character is about to plunk his magic twanger to go back in time to when the library hadn't yet been built when he suddenly realizes he's seven stories above the ground and about to fall to his death. My problem is how can he sneak the book out and still remain in one piece?

rosebud
Major

Postby rosebud » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:07 am

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:27 pm

louiseh87
Lieutenant

Postby louiseh87 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Louise :)

---------------------------
- where I extend talking to myself to the internet sphere

"Over the Waves", Strange Horizons (13 August 2012)

Elibet1
Lieutenant

Postby Elibet1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:47 pm

jaus tail
Lieutenant

Postby jaus tail » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:46 am

Forget writers block, does anyone know anything about readers block and its cure. Could spray some on ma prospective publisher before submitting the manuscript..she enters the office wearing a white shirt and dark brown pants which blends well against the white wall and black chair. The assistant enters with the coffee, perhaps she could slide an advance from her boss today. She smiles and drops the coffee on seeing a floating head. It took her four seconds to realize her boss' camouflaged garments.
As she leaves to get another cup of coffee the boss collects the mails on her desk.
After reading through a marriage proposal, an invitation from a teen group of writers for a lecture, some query letters she commited a life changing act by opening the black letter.
Boom! Grey smoke rose from the envelope like prisoners during a jail break. It entered her breathe and suddenly she felt a growing desire to read the works of jaus tail and do dirty things with him, very very dirty..
Have a nice day

wilbur4c
Private E-2

Postby wilbur4c » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:41 pm

Next

Return to Conversation question