[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
in the zone? : Conversation question • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

in the zone?

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
rhondarightbrainlefty
Corporal

Re: in the zone?

Postby rhondarightbrainlefty » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:29 am

Just Beneath the Surface I
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/154778
@rhramsey1214

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:03 am

i did some of my best writing in bars and restaurants, on planes, trains, buses, ferries and ships...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:07 pm

I think it's sad that so few people today really know what silence is, never get to experience it for any length of time. Most are so used to noise that they never give their own brains a chance to work without noise. It matters.

When was the last time you went a full day without hearing another human voice, or music, or the blare of traffic? How about a week?

Lack of silence and solitude is a great loss in today's world. The mind was never meant to function at its best when constant clutter fills the eyes and ears.

kankowitz
Sergeant

Postby kankowitz » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:28 pm

KarenRankowitz (I am not 'kankowitz'...that's disgusting!)
Joined Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:54 am (new forum format messed this up a bit)

http://montville-ct.patch.com/users/kar ... blog_posts
http://www.excursionzmagazine.com/

louiseh87
Lieutenant

Postby louiseh87 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:51 pm

Louise :)

---------------------------
- where I extend talking to myself to the internet sphere

"Over the Waves", Strange Horizons (13 August 2012)

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:16 am

Silence is good. It's also hard to come by. I live in the country, but even in the dead of night I hear electricity humming through the walls. :|
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

Loretta Green
Sergeant First Class

Postby Loretta Green » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:44 pm

When I write, I like listening to ambient music. I like a radio station on iTunes called natures music sky.fm. It plays sounds of nature mixed with flute, wood, and string instrumentals. It gets me in the mood. lol!

Ben Reader
Private E-2

Postby Ben Reader » Fri May 18, 2012 11:22 pm

I don’t want to be disturbed when writing because I easily get distracted and forget what I was going to write. I think every writer needs that quiet environment in order to write what he wants to write.

UnicornBaby
Private E-2

Postby UnicornBaby » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:40 am

Omigoodness, I am the same way. I cannot focus on anything. There are very few book that I can actually just sit down and read them because honestly, I don't like reading unless its a really good fantasy novel. I can't walk in a single direction for more than five minutes without forgetting where I am going. I can't listen to somebody talk for more than two minutes without zoning out. I mean I don't mean to, I just get distracted. But when It comes to writing, I can just sit there, without stopping, without ceasing, with a continuing flow of the Pen for up to three hours on end. It is spectacular. I get lost in my own little world of writing and I love it!!! :D.
My heart is my totem, a blackened beating taunt that soaks the Page with its prevail. Its blood becomes my ink as I stab the Pen into it. I heave forward with my hollow chest, entranced in my decay, sorry to say, that I am a writer of Darkness now.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:17 am

ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

PreviousNext

Return to Conversation question