[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Is blogging credible? : Conversation question • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Is blogging credible?

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
rhondarightbrainlefty
Corporal

Re: Is blogging credible?

Postby rhondarightbrainlefty » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:12 pm

Just Beneath the Surface I
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/154778
@rhramsey1214

reason
Private E-1

Postby reason » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:16 pm

I enjoy reading others' blogs but I find it difficult to stay motivated and continue writing on my own. Those that are most interesting to me are blogs that are unusually funny or insightful (meaning the blogger has very rich knowledge in their subject field.)

Unfortunately, not all bloggers are particularly entertaining to me.

Bright lights, big city, beguiling women . . .

j t hall
Master Sergeant

Postby j t hall » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:28 am

It's amazing what we can do when we stop accepting limits.

http://www.carolynsworld.wordpress.com
http://www.carolyncarceo.wordpress.com

Ultimate Cheapskate
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Ultimate Cheapskate » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Whenever this topic of the value of blogging comes up, you need to immediately understand the difference in perspective of most fiction writers from most nonfiction writers. Since I'm the latter, I can tell you that blogging is no longer something you need to do in order to sell books, but in many cases (including mine) it's quickly becoming a more lucrative form of writing than writing books. Of course, most of us nonfiction hacks aren't blogging about "writing;" were blogging about whatever it is that we write books, articles, etc. about (in my case, money and fart jokes).
- Jeff Yeager --- http://www.UltimateCheapskate.com
Author, "The Ultimate Cheapskate's Road Map to True Riches" and three other fine-but-cheap books published by Random House
NBC TODAY Show's Ultimate Cheapskate
Blogging at AARP.org

Previous

Return to Conversation question