[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Is blogging credible? : Conversation question • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Is blogging credible?

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
AnnabelleCharbit
Private E-1

Is blogging credible?

Postby AnnabelleCharbit » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:46 am

"Blogging is graffiti with punctuation" Contagion. I didn't know whether to laugh or kill myself!
The question is, is this true?
Annabelle
http://www.ridiculouslife.net

When a girl with obsessive compulsive disorder falls in love with a sociopath, she fights for her sanity and her life.
http://www.ridiculouslife.net/

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Re: Is blogging credible?

Postby mammamaia » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:18 am

'credible' in what regard?
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:36 am

max2011
Captain

Postby max2011 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:45 am

I agree. Graffitti is great when not on anyone's houses or parks. I like it on bridges with lots of color.
In regards to blogging, this is a good question. How is blogging so important in our world? What exactly do we gain?

kankowitz
Sergeant

Postby kankowitz » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:26 pm

KarenRankowitz (I am not 'kankowitz'...that's disgusting!)
Joined Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:54 am (new forum format messed this up a bit)

http://montville-ct.patch.com/users/kar ... blog_posts
http://www.excursionzmagazine.com/

max2011
Captain

Postby max2011 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:09 am

How do you know what to 'give'? I am trying to come up with topics for a blog but I don't feel right about them. I'm not sure how to start. I guess my real question is: do I have to start one before I get an agent?

kankowitz
Sergeant

Postby kankowitz » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:08 pm

KarenRankowitz (I am not 'kankowitz'...that's disgusting!)
Joined Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:54 am (new forum format messed this up a bit)

http://montville-ct.patch.com/users/kar ... blog_posts
http://www.excursionzmagazine.com/

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:29 am

max2011
Captain

Postby max2011 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:27 pm

That's a relief. I want to focus on my editing right now. i can't think of topics for a blog, either.

Elibet1
Lieutenant

Postby Elibet1 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:31 pm

When you get a chance Max visit some of your favorite writer's blogs. Figure out what they are
using them for. It may help you decide whether to start a professional blog.

Elizabeth :)

Next

Return to Conversation question