[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Writing Personality : Conversation question • Page 16 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Writing Personality

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
Garminforerunner
Private E-1

Re: Writing Personality

Postby Garminforerunner » Mon May 23, 2011 6:13 am

I have to agree with your assessment. Have a nice time.

InsanityIsFun
Private E-1

RE: Writing Personality

Postby InsanityIsFun » Mon May 30, 2011 12:06 pm

cstocking001
Private E-1

Postby cstocking001 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:13 am

I think my reading personality is far too judgmental and questioning. Whenever I write, I'm always asking myself does this make sense? Will the reader understand this? How might the reader react to this? Did I use enough descriptive detail? Did I use too much detail?

It's more of a nagging voice than a personality, and on occasion I've learned to ignore it to a certain extent. However, I do often times view my own writings as slightly childish - In the manner that my descriptions aren't the greatest.
"Writing is an accepted form of schizophrenia"

“Literature is a textually transmitted disease, normally contracted in childhood.” — Jane Yolen

j t hall
Master Sergeant

Postby j t hall » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:09 am

My writing personality? Flip, fun, young-talking, a joker at times, but serious when needed.
It's me when I'm by myself or with my best friends. Even when I'm writing about someone my age (like Mary/Cara in The Bridge Door), they are young in mind and thought, like me. Now, if only I could get my body to listen! :roll:
It's amazing what we can do when we stop accepting limits.

http://www.carolynsworld.wordpress.com
http://www.carolyncarceo.wordpress.com

Camille6
Private E-1

Postby Camille6 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:10 pm

The way that i describe my own style is deliciously descriptive. I can't just say the door on the house is red. I have to say the lipstick red door with the gold lion knocker, made the house warm and festive.

Previous

Return to Conversation question