[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Writing Personality : Conversation question • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Writing Personality

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
Brian
Lieutenant

Writing Personality

Postby Brian » Tue May 16, 2006 4:21 am

Brian
Lieutenant

Writing Personality

Postby Brian » Tue May 16, 2006 4:21 am

Every month in "Writer's Digest"'s InkWell section, we pose a
thought-provoking question related to the writing life. In the June
issue of “WD,” we describe different types of writing personalities.
What’s your writing personality, and how does that affect your work?

To be part of our monthly Conversation, e-mail your brief response
(up to 50 words) to writersdig@fwpubs.com with "Writing Personality" as
the subject line or post it here.

taz_lover74330
Private E-1

RE: Writing Personality

Postby taz_lover74330 » Tue May 16, 2006 2:31 pm

This is an interesting question as i have never thought of my writing as having a distinct personality. I like to write poems and short stories. However, I would have to say my writing personality is a bit lengthy at times. I use too many words to express my thoughts.

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Wed May 17, 2006 9:36 am

My writing is supposed to have personality?

Dang, I'll never be a success :(

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Wed May 17, 2006 10:29 am

My writing personality...

I have several and have even named them all. For the most part we all get along well - except when she shows up.

"She's not that bad." 

"Is too."

"Is not."

"Dreadful wench."

"Is not."

"Is too."

Uh...I think it's time we went...

Signed:  Sybil

aka Karen :)

conderv

Postby conderv » Thu May 18, 2006 3:58 am

I'm not sure how to describe my writing personality. My style doesn't lend itself to novels. I do poetry and short stories. The stories usually are fast-paced action, with a bit of romance and a supernatural aspect (past lives, witches, ghosts, etc.). You tell me...

OmenSpirits.com
Lieutenant

Postby OmenSpirits.com » Thu May 18, 2006 1:05 pm

explosive.

exact.

aggressive.

poetic.

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Thu May 18, 2006 1:21 pm

Cragy

Postby Cragy » Thu May 18, 2006 4:16 pm

I guess you could call it personality, but I prefer voice. I have several different, each of which uses a different tone to elucidate a spectrum of subjects. Some harsh, some soft and loving, and some with a vanishing point. I like to think of them as genetic ancestor from somewhere down the mitochondrial DNA tree. Location and time of day elicit the odd arrangement of voices from my brain. It's not so much that I bring them forth or that they are even from me, but more like an escape through me. At these times I know I am being creative, or at least someone is. Then I wake up.

Cragy - the lone survivor from the last skirmish with the Lower Slovolens in WW IV.

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Thu May 18, 2006 4:32 pm

Next

Return to Conversation question