[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Life Stories : Conversation question • Page 15 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Life Stories

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
Bossmyers
Private E-1

RE: Life Stories

Postby Bossmyers » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:47 am

I think my life is better left in its original format...real. Experiences we have in life sometimes are the best tools to helping others who find themselves in similar circumstances. It can be a source of strength to others to know that this person persevered and overcame obstacles. Sharing the good, the bad, the ugly in various writing genres can touch and strengthen individuals enduring the same type of issues.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Re: Life Stories

Postby mammamaia » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:28 pm

I think my life is better left in its original format...real.

...seems to be saying you wouldn't write your memoirs... but isn't that at odds with the rest of what you've written here?... i'm a bit confused as to what point you're trying to make...

Bridget O' Brady
Private E-2

Postby Bridget O' Brady » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Probably fiction but at the same time I want to my own thoughts in my own words. Laura Ingalls Wilder did it perfectly that is how I would do it. =)

AndreaClimbing
Private E-1

Postby AndreaClimbing » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:04 pm

Fiction, to spice things up a bit. My life story on its own would be a pretty dull read and I have never felt the desire to write my autobiography.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."
— Mark Twain

max2011
Captain

Postby max2011 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:50 pm

As much as I would like to say that the story of my life (or any one elses) would be based on fact, our mind does play tricks on us. Not to mention the way we interpret how things happened, our opinions and gaps that we fill in write it. It makes for a fictional account.

Enidzaini
Private E-1

Postby Enidzaini » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:33 am

When ever i write i write through my soul for when i write i always feel it even if its fiction i 'd put myself into that very character's shoe for i can't write without my feel.
[url]freewebs/sociallinkages/[/url]

Previous

Return to Conversation question