True Question?

Network with other poets, including fans of Robert Lee Brewer's Poetic Asides blog.
JasonFontaine
Lieutenant

True Question?

Postby JasonFontaine » Fri May 30, 2008 7:43 pm

JasonFontaine
Lieutenant

True Question?

Postby JasonFontaine » Fri May 30, 2008 7:43 pm

Good evening -

I have posted just about everywhere - done just about everything.

Here it is in a nutshell.

I'm a nobody. But, at least I try. Call me whatever you want. I try. That's all I can do.

The internet is full of viral videos regarding everything from divorce to Britney Spears. Why not a poetic spin?

I wrote many stories to help my parents cope when both had cancer. They had pictures. I started selling the pictures. Great.
I wanted something different - so I began signing and numbering each picture.

I put some videos up - wanting to do something a little different - a message with a little more.

Take a peek - but I'll be around for sure to share in all that life has to offer.

http://web.mac.com/jasonfontaine

Feel free to look around or whatever. I'm just tired of the negativity. I'm a jerk, o.k.? A loser.
But, I'm trying.
You cannot ask for more than this....

yogachic
Private First Class

Re: True Question?

Postby yogachic » Sat May 31, 2008 3:47 am

Hey, welcome to the club! I am a nobody too. Even though I am not young I just started writing. But I have a problem with one thing in your post. You say you are tired of the negativity but it seems that you are putting all the negativity on yourself. A jerk? A loser? Is that your real opinion of yourself or is that what others have told you? Come on, now, you can't be that bad!!

The pictures your parents had....did they make them?

JasonFontaine
Lieutenant

Re: True Question?

Postby JasonFontaine » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:58 pm

Thanks. No, I made them. I'm not that bad. I just found out you're not supposed to post your REAL NAME on sites like this. Ah well - I have nothing - so you get nothing with nothing! :)
The pictures are here:
http://web.mac.com/jasonfontaine

I wrote the stories with pictures while my parents were battling cancer to bring a message of hope and a smile to their faces. They're better now. So, I simply put them online. What amazes me - a guy can scream, "leave Britney ALOOOONE!" and he becomes viral and gets a production deal. A woman gets a divorce on YouTube and it's covered on the national news. Heck - you can actually buy WWE stocks (wrestling)here!

I was hoping this poetic message would catch on....people would "get it". I get ridiculed and called a spammer - everywhere - yet I'm the only idiot using my real name.

Anyway - I have some success with them - just not anywhere near what I initially thought. But - it's still fun. I'm not a jerk or a loser - just a tired dad with 3 screaming kids and an empty chest from the words escaping this thought.

Thanks for the reply!

Return to Poetic Asides