How you gonna use your ca$h money?

Network with other poets, including fans of Robert Lee Brewer's Poetic Asides blog.
Robert Lee Brewer
Private E-2

Postby Robert Lee Brewer » Fri May 09, 2008 6:21 am

Robert Lee Brewer
Private E-2

Postby Robert Lee Brewer » Fri May 09, 2008 6:21 am

If you're receiving a Rebate check in the mail, how do you plan to use it?

If you're not sure, I've got a few suggestions up on the Poetic Asides blog at http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides.

Personally, I'm still all over the map: from setting up my own Web site to paying for skyrocketing gas prices. Sheesh!

Maybe I should buy a one-way ticket to Jamaica or Hawaii and become a beach bum poet extraordinaire!

Lorraine Hart
Private E-1

Re: How you gonna use your ca$h money?

Postby Lorraine Hart » Fri May 09, 2008 6:50 am

Mine is going towards new glasses...dental and medical bills...sigh...boring, I know...still have to rely on the Lotto dream for the groovy stuff!

Hey Robert...perhaps if we pooled it all...we could buy a "poet's isand"...wachoo fink?

pwilliamswriter
Private E-1

Postby pwilliamswriter » Fri May 09, 2008 2:20 pm

If we hadn't filed an extension, I could join in this conversation - but I have nothing to contribute to this one!

Skoder
Private E-1

Postby Skoder » Fri May 09, 2008 7:01 pm

Lorraine, you are not alone. I need new glasses and will be glad to be reimbursed for my dental bills,

cathsap
Private E-1

Postby cathsap » Fri May 09, 2008 8:30 pm

Our dollars will go into savings to replace what I took out to pay the taxes on April 15. The teeter-totter of life occasionally finds a balance.

Jolanta
Private E-1

Postby Jolanta » Sat May 10, 2008 2:33 am

altho it is not tax time in Australia yet, it will be June... Soooooo looking foward to it! so ithought I'll join in nehoos!
I'll be putting mine back in to savings to help with my trip to Lithuania at the end of this year... I need all the help I can get!!!!

Kevin
Private E-1

Postby Kevin » Sat May 10, 2008 3:13 pm

I bought a new lawn mower (got rid of the gas and bought a rechargeable) and a new bbq. I'm saving the rest to go towards our summer holidays.

IleanaCarmina
Private E-1

Postby IleanaCarmina » Tue May 13, 2008 10:16 am

I had to take your advice, Robert, and signed up for a subscription to Writer's Digest and am planning on the yearly online subscription to Writer's Market. Beyond that, we're visiting the nephews in Tennessee (much BBQ & RockBand fun to be had!), putting a little away for Vegas in August, and I was weak and bought some comics and scrapbooking stuff. I think I've actually already spent more than what we got back...:D

tonyar
Private E-1

Postby tonyar » Tue May 13, 2008 12:31 pm

It's going toward a family vacation trip to Colorado at the end of this month for a cousin's wedding. Whew! It's a good thing it is coming or we wouldn't have been able to go!

Return to Poetic Asides