[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
I NEED TO BE PUBLISHED : Poetic Asides • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

I NEED TO BE PUBLISHED

Network with other poets, including fans of Robert Lee Brewer's Poetic Asides blog.
AmericanSamuri
Private E-1

I NEED TO BE PUBLISHED

Postby AmericanSamuri » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:32 pm

HEY ANYONE READING, I am a poet unpublished and I feel I need to be, I want to be, I HAVE TO BE. I Don't Know who to go to Because I don't trust anyone. so I feel I have to Hide My Works Until I can be Published. Writer's Digest I am Hoping will help me. My writing style I guess would be considered Freeverse as it just flows however I let it.

robjvargas
Captain

Re: I NEED TO BE PUBLISHED

Postby robjvargas » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:05 pm

Unless you intend to publish it yourself, you're going to have to trust someone sometime.

Take your time. Make your work the best it can be. And find publishers who are professional and worthy of your trust. There are plenty out there, along with those who steal your money in one way or another, and others that may be a fit for you even if I would never use them.

There are plenty of books on the publishing process, including several via Writer's Digest (WD). Look through the WD books. Get some familarity with the business of publishing.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

AmericanSamuri
Private E-1

Postby AmericanSamuri » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:38 pm

thank you, i was kinda worried i would get that awnser though

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:38 pm

Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

fxrsteve
Private E-1

Postby fxrsteve » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:54 pm

What is it that you don't trust about people reading your work? Are you worried someone will plagiarize your ideas or style?

Writers often feel exposed and vulnerable when other people read their stuff which makes it difficult to share. If you copyright whatever it is you have written then it will be very difficult for someone to steal it. I would wager that it is not trust you are having a problem with rather you have confidence issues

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:42 am

Kindly refer to our self-publishing forum for methods of self-publishing. Do NOT pay to get published; there are too many free avenues to investigate.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Return to Poetic Asides