[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Living Among the Dead : Poetic Asides • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Living Among the Dead

Network with other poets, including fans of Robert Lee Brewer's Poetic Asides blog.
Storylover02
Private E-1

Living Among the Dead

Postby Storylover02 » Sun May 18, 2014 4:34 pm

Living Among the Dead

A mockery of who they once were.
The dead arise and walk again.

Nothing is left.
His booming laugh,
Her gentle smile.
It has all rotted away.

Nothing but decayed flesh,
Rotting, stinking, falling from bones.
Clothes in tatters,
Teeth, bared in lipless black snarls

Ever hungry, ever consuming,
They prowl for flesh,
Never resting, always feasting
And never sated.

Yet we remain, huddled together
Counting scant bullets
And honing rusted knives.
Living among the dead.

offsetemily
Private E-1

Re: Living Among the Dead

Postby offsetemily » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:23 pm

I must say, I've never read a zombie poem this good in my life.
Points for originality, and I also love the wording! Brilliant :)

Storylover02
Private E-1

Postby Storylover02 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:22 am

Hahaha thank you! I really appreciate that!

bupaje
Sergeant

Postby bupaje » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:55 pm

Ummm ... gross and scarey (zombies creep me out) but awesome. :) Very visual.

Storylover02
Private E-1

Postby Storylover02 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:52 pm

Hahahaha!!! That was my intent! Thanks!

cacheempty
Private E-1

Postby cacheempty » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:13 pm

Storylover02
Private E-1

Postby Storylover02 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:37 pm

So what do you see? I had just written it as a zombie poem, but you've got me curious.

Return to Poetic Asides