[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
mad poet : Poetic Asides • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

mad poet

Network with other poets, including fans of Robert Lee Brewer's Poetic Asides blog.
ridho1234
Private E-1

mad poet

Postby ridho1234 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:23 pm

I look coals scuttle black the mad poet way i sleep in a bed .
More than the hay. On apples I feast round a fire from the tree at the back.
Coal scuttle black that is me i dress in black indisputably.
My gourmet affair with fire roasted swede and home made mead.
Suits my need.
My heads in the clouds for today I went to sads possum feast.
with a sore head. I am writing you see from under the bed.
I am the mad poet but I don't know it who me indisputably

Storylover02
Private E-1

Re: mad poet

Postby Storylover02 » Mon May 19, 2014 9:43 pm

I definitely get the feeling that the poet is indeed mad. I also like how you use your rhyme. You don't use a lot but it helps the poem flow better. I did find it a bit hard to read. There isn't much punctuation so I had to reread a few lines, like the first one, because I couldn't make much sense of it. Was that intentional? If it was, it does show the madness, but the reader has to read very slowly.

Return to Poetic Asides