[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Dream: Mistaken : Poetic Asides • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Dream: Mistaken

Network with other poets, including fans of Robert Lee Brewer's Poetic Asides blog.
KnightWriter
Private First Class

Re: Dream: Mistaken

Postby KnightWriter » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:21 pm

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:25 pm

I think weird is normal too, but these people obviously haven't got the memo. It's like they're standing behind cut-outs of themselves. But there's a chess club and those people are pretty cool. It's just the choir where all of them are so... fake. If there was a reunion, I probably wouldn't go. It'd be an annoying party where everyone doesn't remember me or thinks I'm someone else.
Finished:
Race Against Fate -101k words
Loyalties Lost -121k words
Forgotten -100k words
Friends and Foes -113k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

KnightWriter
Private First Class

Postby KnightWriter » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:40 am

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:22 pm

Exactly! How did you find the words to put it so clearly?
Finished:
Forgotten -100k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

KnightWriter
Private First Class

Postby KnightWriter » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:31 am

Hmm...how did I eloquently phrase that? I always wondered if someone would ask me that and what would I offer as a potential response. Honestly, it's a fusion of SOOOOOOO many reasons! Not to Letterman it, but the very top reason would be that it happens so much...I'd probably go flatline if I were to receive the Kelly Ripa/Michael Strahan appreciation for doing what I was supposed to do in the first place.

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:06 pm

Honestly, the part about buttmunchers made me bust up. And then everything else you said was spot on too.
Finished:
Forgotten -100k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

KnightWriter
Private First Class

Postby KnightWriter » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:17 pm

Oh, well....I guess I swung and missed there. Thanks for the compliment! :D My ego just got pumped up a couple of notches. To be honest, to call someone a jerk seems more like an understatement to me. So, I take the Beavis & Butthead approach. Especially when I'm at a red light and someone stops WAY TOO CLOSE behind me. I'm like "Hurry up! I got to get away from this buttmunch behind me!" This is starting to sound like the dialog between Edward Furlong and Arnold Schwarzeneggar.... :|

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:35 pm

There aren't enough clean insults to use, unless you're creative. Stupid, Idiot, Jerk, and Moron are all a little overused and old. I think buttmuncher is now on the top of my insult list. Tailgaters are so rude. Literally, though, I guess their car really is butt-munching your car's backside. :lol:
Finished:
Forgotten -100k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

darlene37
Private E-1

Postby darlene37 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:52 am

I am new to this site, this writing world but I did like your poem. I hope you dont mind that i added a small ending to it. I dont know if thats allowed so forgive e if it isnt. I know its your poem and when i read it the second time this line came to mind. Just a thought."anything to get that chance" Please remember I am very new to this site so please dont be mad at me for that, I am on here to make friends and your poem was the first I read. Good luck with your work, as soon as I find out how to add some of my poems on here, I invite any/all comments. Thanks Darlene

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:54 am

Welcome, Darlene! I'm not mad. This is a site where you make suggestions to help each other. If we didn't help each other on a writing forum, where would we be? Of course, it's up to the writer to accept any suggestions, but you're good. Nice to meet you!
Finished:
Forgotten -100k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

PreviousNext

Return to Poetic Asides