[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Dream: Mistaken : Poetic Asides • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Dream: Mistaken

Network with other poets, including fans of Robert Lee Brewer's Poetic Asides blog.
KnightWriter
Private First Class

Re: Dream: Mistaken

Postby KnightWriter » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:03 am

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:59 pm

I've had a person ask if they could have me collaborate. My poem would be in their book, along with my name. I let them have the poem. Who cares? It's just a few scribbles that I wrote one day. But yeah, some poets get together and make their 'special' books and do that. You could find some enthusiastic poets and try that way, or, if you have enough, you could make your own. There are children's poetry books with huge pictures and a poem on each page. Those could be good.
Finished:
Race Against Fate -101k words
Loyalties Lost -121k words
Forgotten -100k words
Friends and Foes -113k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

KnightWriter
Private First Class

Postby KnightWriter » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:44 pm

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:09 pm

Yeah, I was pretty happy with it too. I don't focus on writing poetry, but that was cool.
Finished:
Forgotten -100k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

identity
Private E-1

Postby identity » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:03 am

Several of Anya's comments are helpful to me, also.

For the record, her critique of the poem is exactly what I would like to find here for my own poems. As nice as pats on the back feel in the moment, I often find constructive criticism to be more helpful in the long run.

Anya, regarding your comment about people posting once and not coming back, I was one of them. It looked to me like a closed society. The same people commented on each other's poems but no one talked to the newbies. Maybe I just hit an off day. Will try again.

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:11 pm

Yeah, introductions are a dead forum. I didn't introduce myself until ramming into several of the other forums. Then everyone was confused because I'd introduced myself after meeting everyone.
Finished:
Forgotten -100k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

identity
Private E-1

Postby identity » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:40 pm

They were probably glad to meet someone they knew. :)

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:50 am

One person was critical, others took kindly to it. I'm here and that's what matters. It's a good site, if you don't start with introductions. :)
Finished:
Forgotten -100k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

KnightWriter
Private First Class

Postby KnightWriter » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:10 am

Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Postby Anya Kylash » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:05 pm

Same here.
Homeschooled = Socially awkward
Also, I'm an early start student, so I've been taking community college classes since I was 13. I only have one friend (who is amazing), and anyone else thinks I'm a weird nerd or I'm violent. Honestly, I've never done anything violent in college, but people make references and laugh as if being ginger is being a criminal. Maybe my sister shares embarrassing stories or something. But they're all the weird makeup-y, gossip-y people. I'd like to just be able to say hi to them, but I don't really want to know any of them.
Finished:
Forgotten -100k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

PreviousNext

Return to Poetic Asides