[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
2012 November PAD Chapbook Challenge: Day 12 : Poetic Asides • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

2012 November PAD Chapbook Challenge: Day 12

Network with other poets, including fans of Robert Lee Brewer's Poetic Asides blog.
Robert Lee Brewer
Private E-2

2012 November PAD Chapbook Challenge: Day 12

Postby Robert Lee Brewer » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Here's the thread for Day 12 of the 2012 November PAD Chapbook Challenge. Enjoy!

Robert

Mariya Koleva
Private E-1

Re: 2012 November PAD Chapbook Challenge: Day 12

Postby Mariya Koleva » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:25 am

Here is the device I wish existed. I'm not sure if it is actually a technological one, but what else could it be? Anyway I look at it, it will be a very useful device:

*Dream-Catcher*

To catch my dreams
So I can see them
And remember
If I want to.

mapoet
Private E-1

Postby mapoet » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:08 pm

A Little More Time

We can travel on land.
We can travel on water.
We can travel in the air
and out of the atmosphere.
We still can’t travel
through the centuries.
Mr. Wells was ahead of
both his time and ours.

zevd2001
Private E-1

Postby zevd2001 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:44 pm

THE CHESHIRE CAT REVISITED
Once upon a time Alice traipsed about
a garden inside a looking glass where she
discovered herself, how it was possible to be
big or small, whatever would give you clout
that filled a page with black letters onto white
inside a book . . . a Cheshire cat reclined
smoking a hookah pipe as she opined
in clouds that spoke the sentences, all right

for good ol' Lewis Carroll. Nowadays
there's no need for imagination, to read a book
the publishers of the stuff they have a hook
into the market, a new approach that plays
the game of reading generations far ahead
of E-books, I-pods, all that hand held gear,
it's ink that flows up off the pad, forms clear
images of what you have written spread

across the air space so effortlessly
nothing to do except to go with the flow
dreaming the meanings visualizing so
there is no need to draw a picture, we
simply sit and watch the time pass by
whatever hits the surface the ink floats
because its programmed, I read the notes
that come along with package. Don't know why

but I’ll let you onto a secret, please don't tell
even though the texting disappears
and everything that's recorded tells my ears
what appears in a dark ectoplasm, a spell
that works every time. I put the box away
on a shelf in its original package as it was
when I bought the contraption. I'm at a loss
to say it, these days I read books a stack a day.

Zev Davis

TheBatInTheHat
Private E-1

Postby TheBatInTheHat » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:55 am

(Twitter-sized, as usual)

The ship's drones had cared for him since infancy,
but he visited the others, still in stasis, every day,
wishing they'd wake up.

tunesmiff
Private E-1