[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Stepping In To The Dark Again : Poetic Asides • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Stepping In To The Dark Again

Network with other poets, including fans of Robert Lee Brewer's Poetic Asides blog.
MsJacquiiC
Sergeant First Class

Postby MsJacquiiC » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:04 pm

Here's an old piece I found earlier and felt compelled to dust off. It's entitled Stepping In To The Dark Again. I thought I'd share it because the sentiments are sweet and sweet sentiments are welcome all the time. Hope you enjoy it.

A cherubim with lonely eyes
(lurkin in the shadow of my shadow)
met me dreaming in Technicolor.
Her feathers whispered my name,
smiling a torchsong trilogy the whole
while. Strangely she flew away
when I woke. As if she were
supposed to. I remember though.
(the hint of rustling feathers)
Her breath tasted of beauty,
of fear and of lavendar hiacynth,
and of orange blossom blessed
with the slightest pale honeysuckle.

Copyright © Jacquii Cooke

▌█▐ Come share your poetry & writing at JPiC Forum.
▌█▐

▌█▐ What We Do: Graphics - Websites - Forums - And More.
▌█▐

Return to Poetic Asides