Shout outs on Prompts

Network with other poets, including fans of Robert Lee Brewer's Poetic Asides blog.
Dear Dean
Corporal

Shout outs on Prompts

Postby Dear Dean » Mon May 18, 2009 6:23 am

Dear Dean
Corporal

Shout outs on Prompts

Postby Dear Dean » Mon May 18, 2009 6:23 am

I just finished reading the late poems on last weeks Wed prompts. I look forward to Wed and to see what Robert has planned for us. I did not use to read the prompts, it is difficult to take time to even read all the poems. (and last month there were too many poems to read in PAD)
I found two shout outs to my poem this week and it meant so much to me because I did not feel mine was particulary good this week, as I usually write it without revising whenever we have a prompt.

Now I have decided to take time and read ALL the poems and give kudos in shout outs as it does feel good to receive them. Just another way we can encourage one another.

Since first logging on to Writer's Digest a year and a half ago I have begun writing again and am becoming more prolific all the time. I not only write more poetry, but also non-fiction and fiction. Community helps!!

briarcat
Private E-1

RE: Shout outs on Prompts

Postby briarcat » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:44 am

I know what you mean. Haven't been writing poetry in recent years, but decided to try the challenge. I'm more accustomed to giving critiques than shoutouts, and I feel rather awkward telling someone who is obviously more experienced than I: hey, nice work. Still, if it's pleasant for me, it must be for them, too.

MonikaM
Private E-2

Re: Shout outs on Prompts

Postby MonikaM » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:27 am

This is indeed a good work, i really appreciate it.

pixordia
Private E-1

Re: Shout outs on Prompts

Postby pixordia » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:39 pm

I have tried to post both replies and poems on the Wednesday prompts but none of them show.
I have a feeling there is something wrong with my registration. :roll:

My comments show here, but not on the Editors Blogs and it is not clear where to get help.
If anyone can give advice on how to post on Poetic Asides, I would surely appreciate it.
SuZ

Return to Poetic Asides