Who Else Misses Robert's PAD Highlights?

Network with other poets, including fans of Robert Lee Brewer's Poetic Asides blog.
jackbugs
Private E-1

Postby jackbugs » Mon May 05, 2008 6:38 pm

jackbugs
Private E-1

Postby jackbugs » Mon May 05, 2008 6:38 pm

I'm a bit disappointed, Robert, that you didn't continue your "daily highlights" of the PAD challenge entries after April was done. I know it must have been a daunting task to try to read over 100 poems a day, and frankly, one of the reasons I liked that feature was because I found it hard to read them all myself. I liked reading the "cream of the crop" each day, and got a kick out of being selected myself on a few occasions. Any chance you may resurrect that feature?

Skoder
Private E-1

RE: Who Else Misses Robert's PAD Highlights?

Postby Skoder » Mon May 05, 2008 6:54 pm

I do miss them, but figure Robert has a day job, too. This was an extra. Why don't you try reading the poems a bit at a time? You could write down the last poem you read and which day. Then you could start up later. There were so many good poems, not just the ones highlighted.

tonyar
Private E-1

Postby tonyar » Mon May 05, 2008 7:18 pm

While I do miss the highlights and hope that Robert will get a chance to pick that thread up again, I also agree that there are so many fantastic poems in there it is definitely worthwhile to go in and read a few each day. I am still catching as many as I can a little at a time.

yogachic
Private First Class

Re: Who Else Misses Robert's PAD Highlights?

Postby yogachic » Mon May 05, 2008 11:48 pm

deleted

Robert Lee Brewer
Private E-2

Postby Robert Lee Brewer » Tue May 06, 2008 10:15 am

Actually, I didn't quit doing the PAD highlights. I was on a mini-vacation over the weekend (May 2-5). C'mon y'all--after completing my Writer's Market book and the PAD challenge, I think I at least deserved a long weekend. ;)

The highlights will continue all the way up to the awards ceremony (on the blog) on May 21.

Best,

Robert

Lorraine Hart
Private E-1

Postby Lorraine Hart » Tue May 06, 2008 10:45 am

Yes darlin'...you deserve some time to uncross your eyes...it's neat to go back and look again...could the awards involve chocolate? :) Lox of Moxy

jackbugs
Private E-1

Postby jackbugs » Tue May 06, 2008 11:14 am

My humble apologies for being so presumptuous, Robert - of course you deserved a break! Thanks for bringing back the highlights. But I'll also take my fellow poets' advice and read beyond the highlights as time permits.

Iain
Private E-2

Postby Iain » Tue May 06, 2008 1:01 pm

Soooo... As it goes I was just drinking rum with a german chap, young fella, well it turns out he came west after the wall came down & he told me about how when he was young his uncle who had escaped to West Berlin sent mail to east Berlin via a courier... a guy they called the Dead Postman. Shivers down my spine or what??!! Never said this before but if you were ever in the STASI screw you!!

yogachic
Private First Class

Postby yogachic » Tue May 06, 2008 2:08 pm

Great to see the highlights today..or rather yesterday. It is past midnight here. I knew Robert wouldn't let us down. He was on vacation. Guess he earned that. Can't be easy dealing with the lot of us for a whole month :-) Happy reading everyone.

Next

Return to Poetic Asides