Alabama

We're looking for the hottest literary hot spots across the U.S. and need your help.
Brian
Lieutenant

Alabama

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:38 am

Brian
Lieutenant

Alabama

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:38 am

List your Literary Hot Spots in Alabama:

Name of City/Town:
Name of Hot Spot:
What makes this spot so great for writers?

While photos aren't required, we'd love them. If you don't know how to post a photo on our forum, visit "How do I post a picture?" in our forum's FAQ section:
http://www.writersdigest.com/mbbs/forum ... 87&posts=1

SLDuncan
Private E-1

Re: Alabama

Postby SLDuncan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:17 pm

Well, I suppose I have to out myself as being from Alabama. Little secret...it's not as bad as its reputation....y'all. Ha!

Anyway, literary hot spots abound in this state. From classics like To Kill a Mockingbird to modern faves like Forrest Gump. But I live in Birmingham, so those aren't familiar to me.

A place that is familiar, however, is a little meat and three joint on the edge of Birmingham that sits on the railroad tracks in Irondale. It's called the Whistle Stop Cafe. Sound familiar? Little hint: the most popular item on the menu is Fried Green Tomatoes. As in from the popular book from Fannie Flagg.

But to be honest, I don't go for the literary connection - I go for the fried chicken. It is divine.

P.s. nobody really says divine down here. Just in the movies, man. Now, I have to get back home. To Greenbow, ALABAAAAMMMMA!

akoc
Private E-1

RE: Alabama

Postby akoc » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:53 pm

Return to Literary Hot Spots