[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Alaska : Literary Hot Spots • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Alaska

We're looking for the hottest literary hot spots across the U.S. and need your help.
Brian
Lieutenant

Alaska

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:37 am

Brian
Lieutenant

Alaska

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:37 am

List your Literary Hot Spots in Alaska:

Name of City/Town:
Name of Hot Spot:
What makes this spot so great for writers?

While photos aren't required, we'd love them. If you don't know how to post a photo on our forum, visit "How do I post a picture?" in our forum's FAQ section:
http://www.writersdigest.com/mbbs/forum ... 87&posts=1

crazylady
Sergeant First Class

Re: Alaska

Postby crazylady » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Neets Bay - 30 miles north of Ketchikan by way of float plane

At the dock looking out at the bay and watching the eagles fly / the middle of the woods surrounded by trees and black bears / or walk a mile up the road to Bluff Lake and watch the water flow over the dam.

Solitude / alone with your thoughts and the sounds of nature.

M G Kizzia
Sergeant Major of the Army

RE: Alaska

Postby M G Kizzia » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:50 am

If you get down to the spit in Homer, wave to my brother, will ya?

crazylady
Sergeant First Class

Postby crazylady » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:04 pm

Hey Michael, I am back in Virginia but hope to visit up that way again. A friend of ours, Drew, owns a club called Wasabi's in homer. And another friend of ours , Al Seale, grew up there. So if I ever get that way again I will give you a holler to see who your brother is and say Hi

gina

novembergal
Captain

Postby novembergal » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:26 am

In Alaska everywhere is a literary hot spot ... just as Gina (crazylady) says -- on the dock, in the woods ... or even on a front porch. The photo on the cover of my novel (see my profile photo here) was shot (by me) from the front porch of my son's home about five miles north of the village of  Moose Pass, AK (my literary hot spot).

M G Kizzia
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby M G Kizzia » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:28 pm

Return to Literary Hot Spots