Arizona

We're looking for the hottest literary hot spots across the U.S. and need your help.
Brian
Lieutenant

Arizona

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:37 am

Brian
Lieutenant

Arizona

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:37 am

List your Literary Hot Spots in Arizona:

Name of City/Town:
Name of Hot Spot:
What makes this spot so great for writers?

While photos aren't required, we'd love them. If you don't know how to post a photo on our forum, visit "How do I post a picture?" in our forum's FAQ section:
http://www.writersdigest.com/mbbs/forum ... 87&posts=1

loudermilk
Major

RE: Arizona

Postby loudermilk » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:58 am

Name of City/Town: Bisbee

Name of Hot Spot: Copper Queen Hotel

What makes this spot so great for writers? The hotel bar and lounge is a popular gathering place for every artistic personality. You'll see everything from beatniks to punkers; painters & sculptors; poets & singers; writers & thinkers; and even ghosts. Yes, the hotel is haunted.

eromero
Private E-1

Postby eromero » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:30 pm

We love the Epic Cafe. Great place to write or to find colorful characters to write about.

eromero
Private E-1

RE: Arizona epic

Postby eromero » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:32 pm

J.L.Thorne
Private E-1

Postby J.L.Thorne » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:42 pm

Here's a better description of the Epic Cafe.  I was just so excited by the earlier post by someone else that likes the place that I got a little carried away.

Name of City/Town: Tucson, AZ

Name of Hot Spot: Epic Cafe

What makes this spot so great for writers? 

What a better place for a writer or an artist to find inspiration then Epic Cafe located on the corner of Historic 4th Ave (the Haight St. of Tucson) and University Blvd. (UofA's Main St.).  On any given day at any given time you may find an anarchist punk discussing Shakespear over latte's with a tenured professor, or a patchwork clad "street kid" sharing a vegi-burger with his furry four legged friend at a table outside.  Someone may ask to draw your portrat or maybe serenade you with a song.  You'll see writers writing, painters painting, co-eds studying and everyone sharing a great time.

I love the diversity of the partons and the uniqueness of the crowds.  It's a great place to people watch and draw inspiration.  There's also free wifi, open mic nights, outdoor dining, and great staff that won't chase you off as well as both vegitarian and vegan menu alternatives. 

If you're ever in Tucson you've got to check it out.  I guarantee you'll love it.

Fish
Private E-1

Re: Arizona

Postby Fish » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:23 pm

I think I have been there. It's a great place.

Sarah Jane
General

Postby Sarah Jane » Tue May 20, 2008 6:13 pm

Sounds pretty popular, I'll have to check it out.

Sarah Jane :)

Return to Literary Hot Spots