[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Oregon : Literary Hot Spots • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Oregon

We're looking for the hottest literary hot spots across the U.S. and need your help.
Brian
Lieutenant

Oregon

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:28 am

Brian
Lieutenant

Oregon

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:28 am

List your Literary Hot Spots in Oregon:

Name of City/Town:
Name of Hot Spot:
What makes this spot so great for writers?

While photos aren't required, we'd love them. If you don't know how to post a photo on our forum, visit "How do I post a picture?" in our forum's FAQ section:
http://www.writersdigest.com/mbbs/forum ... 87&posts=1

kerrymichaelwood
Captain

RE: Oregon

Postby kerrymichaelwood » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:36 am

Not absolutely sure about WiFi but Paulina Springs book store in Sisters is a good spot.

EzRytr
Captain

Postby EzRytr » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:16 am

HA!  Britanee!  Oregon is awesome isn't it? We LOVE LOVE LOVE Sisters.  I am on the coast so always love coming and camping in dry climates.  Next time we run through there, I'll drop you a note and we can meet - I can't remember the name of it right off the top of my head but you know the extradordinary pizza place right on the last corner before you leave town to head east???  That is one of our fav. spots. 

If you are ever inclined to come get some Tillamook Cheese, let me know! 

VictoriaE
Private First Class

Postby VictoriaE » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:44 pm

I hope there will be more additions in the Portland area - I'll be moving there in June 2008. :)

jrtomlin
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby jrtomlin » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:28 am

I live in Portland although I'm relatively new to the area. There are a lot of coffeeshops, but I haven't yet found any that are great writing spots. You'd think the one in Powell's Books but I think it's too busy to be ideal. As soon as I find something, I'll post it. Or maybe someone else will and we'll all meet there. :)

VictoriaE
Private First Class

Postby VictoriaE » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:23 pm

pacnwpam
Private E-1

Postby pacnwpam » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:28 am

Powell Books must be included on this list (Portland, Oregon). I live in central WA but have made many pilgrimages there. It is a shrine for readers, but I agree, a bit busy to do any real writing. An entire city block, three stories high crammed with thousands of new and used books parked side-by-side on the shelves. When I die, I can only hope Heaven includes a Powells. To spend eternity without books or caffeine? Might as well go to Hell. Did I mention they also have a coffee shop on the main level?

jrtomlin
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby jrtomlin » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:08 pm

Oh, I agree that Powell's is bibliophile heaven. 3 stories of books, lots of book signings and a good coffeeshop. Too bad the coffeeshop is too busy for writing. I'm still on the lookout for a good spot. :)

Oregon Doug
Private E-1

Postby Oregon Doug » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:35 pm

I live & write out in the woods, along the left bank of the McKenzie River - some 25 miles east of Eugene. I find that the best place for me to concentrate on writing is at home. There are a few yupee coffee shops & bookstores in Eugene but I avoid going to town as much as I can.

Oregon Doug

Next

Return to Literary Hot Spots