Tennessee

We're looking for the hottest literary hot spots across the U.S. and need your help.
Brian
Lieutenant

Tennessee

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:23 am

Brian
Lieutenant

Tennessee

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:23 am

List your Literary Hot Spots in Tennessee:

Name of City/Town:
Name of Hot Spot:
What makes this spot so great for writers?

While photos aren't required, we'd love them. If you don't know how to post a photo on our forum, visit "How do I post a picture?" in our forum's FAQ section:
http://www.writersdigest.com/mbbs/forum ... 87&posts=1

ex-tvwriter
Private E-1

RE: Tennessee

Postby ex-tvwriter » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:38 am

City: Nashville
Hot Spot: Borders on West End
Why:

During NaNo this year, a bunch of us would do write-ins at Borders. I belong to the Nashville Writers Meetup ( http://writers.meetup.com/3/ ), which gathers there regularly. The store has a large area upstairs at the back of the store with tables and chairs, which is where the Meetups meet - and where we'd gather for write-ins. The staff is terrific; they let us bring food and coffee (!) up from the cafe, and we could stay as long as we wanted as long as they didn't have an event scheduled. I don't know whether it's a wireless hotspot as I don't have a laptop, but it was a fun place to hang out during NaNo.

Genia

cathy.robinson
Master Sergeant

Re: Tennessee

Postby cathy.robinson » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:13 am

city: jackson
hotspot: downtown library
why: griot meeting every third saturday of the month. we have workshops and readings. this month we're sponsoring an african film festival, and our group leader recently got published. we're a small group, but we definitely have heart.

Suzypooh
Private E-1

Postby Suzypooh » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:45 pm

In Memphis - we have a writer's group that meets once a month at the Central Library. Every third Sunday of the month. We choose different topics according to what is going on at the time. This month we will be meeting at a members home to watch DVD's from the SCBWI Conference in NYC this past January. There is also a group that meets once a month on Saturday mornings in Byhalia, MS. I am also a member of the Spirit Led Writer's Network out of Nashville as I travel back and forth to that area several times a year.

Suzypooh
Private E-1

Postby Suzypooh » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:45 pm

In Memphis - we have a writer's group that meets once a month at the Central Library. Every third Sunday of the month. We choose different topics according to what is going on at the time. This month we will be meeting at a members home to watch DVD's from the SCBWI Conference in NYC this past January. There is also a group that meets once a month on Saturday mornings in Byhalia, MS. I am also a member of the Spirit Led Writer's Network out of Nashville as I travel back and forth to that area several times a year.

Return to Literary Hot Spots