Georgia

We're looking for the hottest literary hot spots across the U.S. and need your help.
Brian
Lieutenant

Georgia

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:17 am

Brian
Lieutenant

Georgia

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:17 am

List your Literary Hot Spots in Georgia:

Name of City/Town:
Name of Hot Spot:
What makes this spot so great for writers?

While photos aren't required, we'd love them. If you don't know how to post a photo on our forum, visit "How do I post a picture?" in our forum's FAQ section:
http://www.writersdigest.com/mbbs/forum ... 87&posts=1

gawriters
Private E-1

RE: Georgia

Postby gawriters » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:37 am

Georgia Writers Association
On the Campus of Kennesaw State University - 2nd Saturday Writers Workshops at Noon. Practical advice for writers from all genres. Free Readings to follow workshop. See article and picture of group meeting: http://www.georgiawriters.org/images/PD ... rticle.pdf

Resourceful, interactive website: www.georgiawriters.org.

Spring Fest 08 - It's Time! March 29. Applicable workshops with key note speaker and agent pitch it by reservation.

KevinD1218
Private E-1

Postby KevinD1218 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:56 am

Decatur
The Java Monkey
A change-of-pace study venue for the girls from nearby Agnes Scott University and the boys & girls from Emory, the JM has an indoor array of cozy vintage furniture combined with a semi-enclosed outdoor patio. Organic coffee, beer and wine, and an evening local scene of music and the spoken word.

Kevin
www.kevinwdonovan.com

thisdawghunts
Private E-1

Postby thisdawghunts » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:20 am

Atlanta - Poncey-Highland
San Francisco Coffee on N. Highland Ave.

It's centrally located, intimate, yet provides enough room for writers to get together and talk about their craft. Our informal group of freelance writers and authors has met there almost every Wednesday morning for the last 6 or 7 years. Staff is friendly, coffee is delicious and the atmosphere invites you to stay and write. May spot well-known local journalists, editors, authors and other creative types stopping in to get their caffeine fixes.

And check out Joe's in East Atlanta. Very comfy spot, also attracts interesting folks.

Genep
Private E-1

Re: Georgia

Postby Genep » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:28 am

Augusta
Metro Coffeehouse

In the middle of a revitalizing downtown and Artist's Row, the Metro is a neat and comfortable place to sit for half a day or more and write. Great music, bottomless and cheap coffee, and free wi-fi make this my favorite place to go when I have a chance to escape the real world and go write.

Boy Genius
Private E-1

Re: Georgia

Postby Boy Genius » Thu May 08, 2008 12:30 pm

List your Literary Hot Spots in Georgia:

Atlanta
Bound To Be Read Books in East Atlanta Village

Bound To Be Read Books, along with East Atlanta Village, is the ATL's greatest secret. It's a funky, casual neighborhood where you're as likely to observe people with tattoos and piercings chatting with the stroller mom/dad set. The bookstore has a Luxe Lounge space with two tables. I like to work there and watch people through the display window. Being surrounded by books is inspirational for me--bookstore=church. The owners love to have people in the store and are very friendly and supportive to artistic types. They don't mind if I pop down to Joe's down the street for a latte and bring it back to the store to sip as I type. I hope to one day see my book for sale on the wall.

yberry01
Private E-1

Postby yberry01 » Fri May 16, 2008 11:22 am

Name of City/Town: Atlanta
Name of Hot Spot: Barnes & Nobles on Cobb Pkwy
What makes this spot so great for writers?

The perfect atmosphere to curl up on a couch/chair in the corner and get into a great book. Great place to find resources....surrounded by words and coffee...ahhhh....Perfect combo! Great place for conversation and meeting people!

Return to Literary Hot Spots