Colorado

We're looking for the hottest literary hot spots across the U.S. and need your help.
Timeless
Sergeant First Class

Re: Colorado

Postby Timeless » Fri May 23, 2008 9:58 pm

I know it's a bit off topic, but Colorado has some great writers, especially in Denver and in the Boulder area: Steve Rasnic Tem, a fantastic poet and horror author (his short stories are freaking amazing), and Dan Simmons, author of books like Hyperion (Hugo award winner), Carrion Comfort (Bram Stoker winner), Song of Kali (World Fantasy winner), among others. While both writers have my deepest respect for their talents, I must say that Dan Simmons is one of the greatest writers of all time. I'm very happy to have met them both.

I think Colorado is simply a hot spot for writers, period. It's a great state.

SeeDBee
Private E-1

Postby SeeDBee » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:59 pm

List your Literary Hot Spots in Colorado:

Name of City/Town: Denver
Name of Hot Spot: Tattered Cover Bookstore at the 16th St Mall across from Union Station
What makes this spot so great for writers? Old world charm. Lots of nooks and crannies with overstuffed chairs and sofas to nestle in while sipping a cup of java and writing. In same area of town is the main branch of the Denver Library. Not quite so quaint but very friendly. Or, if you have a few bux to invest the Denver Art Museum is across the patio from the library with many places to write and people watch.

pybutcher
Private E-2

RE: Colorado

Postby pybutcher » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:57 pm

Well blow me down!  I be a writer from the North Denver arrrrea meself!  I'd be interested in knowing about other authors around Thornton, Westminster, Broomfield and Northglenn!

What say we unite?

pybutcher
Private E-2

Postby pybutcher » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:57 pm

Well blow me down!  I be a writer from the North Denver arrrrea meself!  I'd be interested in knowing about other authors around Thornton, Westminster, Broomfield and Northglenn!

What say we unite?

Jeanne
Private E-1

Postby Jeanne » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:44 am

I agree that Colorado is a great place for writers. I know Steve Rasnic Tem and his wife Melanie Tem. They do more than write. The encourage other writers. I am hoping to find some writers for a critique group in Denver. I write mostly YA, some children's and articles. Our Colorado Dramatists has helped me over all writing. But the other groups I've sort of connected with are so far north or south I've gotten discouraged about regular meetings. Any body looking for some one to meet with?

Jeanne
Private E-1

Postby Jeanne » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:44 am

I agree that Colorado is a great place for writers. I know Steve Rasnic Tem and his wife Melanie Tem. They do more than write. The encourage other writers. I am hoping to find some writers for a critique group in Denver. I write mostly YA, some children's and articles. Our Colorado Dramatists has helped me over all writing. But the other groups I've sort of connected with are so far north or south I've gotten discouraged about regular meetings. Any body looking for some one to meet with?

amethystlady2
Private E-1

Postby amethystlady2 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:26 pm

Where in Colorado are you, Jeane? I'm near Westminster...in Arvada...

Are the Northern groups further North than I am?

amethystlady2
Private E-1

Postby amethystlady2 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:26 pm

Where in Colorado are you, Jeane? I'm near Westminster...in Arvada...

Are the Northern groups further North than I am?

amethystlady2
Private E-1

Postby amethystlady2 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:27 pm

Jeanne...sorry for the misspelling

amethystlady2
Private E-1

Postby amethystlady2 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:27 pm

Jeanne...sorry for the misspelling

Previous

Return to Literary Hot Spots