Rhode Island

We're looking for the hottest literary hot spots across the U.S. and need your help.
Brian
Lieutenant

Rhode Island

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:25 am

Brian
Lieutenant

Rhode Island

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:25 am

List your Literary Hot Spots in Rhode Island:

Name of City/Town:
Name of Hot Spot:
What makes this spot so great for writers?

While photos aren't required, we'd love them. If you don't know how to post a photo on our forum, visit "How do I post a picture?" in our forum's FAQ section:
http://www.writersdigest.com/mbbs/forum ... 87&posts=1

RhodyDave
Private E-2

RE: Rhode Island

Postby RhodyDave » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:59 pm

Well, I guess we're quite the little hot spot aren't we? Not 1 single place?

Then I nominate my house - I'm a literary hot spot unto myself!

gwmercure
Private E-1

RE: Rhode Island

Postby gwmercure » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:15 pm

In Providence there are a number of places where I've always managed to write quite a bit. Among these are Tazza Caffe (where I've met Mario Van Peebles, Wesley Snipes, Cybill Shepard, Joe Pantoliano et al. They have a habit of hiring dynamic and talented young people to tend the bar and the coffee. From late in the afternoon until they close at 1 or 2 AM, they are the coolest, most stimulating bar, with fine food. When they open at 7 AM, they are a distinctive cafe whose product outpaces nearly every other shop in town. Daren is the manager and when he is pulling shots on the gleaming La Marzocco, something special is being created, the least of which is the latte art. From about nine to just after the lunch rush, the highbacks, barstools and banquettes are a Galapagos of laptops. There is always someone to talk to about something interesting if you sit at the bar. Daren knows everything, Chris knows music, Duncan knows the movie business and, of course, everyone knows sex, religion and baseball.

Others are: The Coffee Exchange; Blue State Coffee; Olga's Cup and Saucer; White Electric; The Edge.

Return to Literary Hot Spots