Non-U.S. Hot Spots

We're looking for the hottest literary hot spots across the U.S. and need your help.
robin_mark

RE: Non-U.S. Hot Spots

Postby robin_mark » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi,

I am student & love to read & wriite stories, articles and blogs. I always like to share my stories to all. It help me in improving my literary & writing skills. In starting i have no idea where can i publish my articles.? Thinking on it i found one best ways to share it is article directory sites. On searching i have found a blogpost on net that have good collection of these article directories. Hope friend you will also like it...........

------
http://freearticledir.blogspot.com/2010 ... ticle.html

Linton Robinson

Re: Non-U.S. Hot Spots

Postby Linton Robinson » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:20 pm

Tijuana
Not just the dome at CECUT, but the very lively indie scene downtown==Pasaje Rodriquez. Runs through from the main drag, Revolucion, to Consitution, between 3rd and 4th.

It's a bunch of galleries that have all sorts of artistic events, but literary happenings tend to be at the bookstore Grafografo https://www.facebook.com/grafografo.cafebreria

Linton Robinson

Postby Linton Robinson » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:30 pm

Mazatlan

Hands down, the coolest place in town is the Altazor Arz Cafe on the Plazuela Machado downtown. Bookstore, cafe, live music venue, publisher of literary magazine, venue for literary festivals. And right there on the little plaza that is Mazatlan's cultural heart, across from the opera house and music conservatory.

I've sat at tables on the sidewak with international ballerinas, state political bigshots, cartel lieutenants, musicians from around the world, and many of Mexico's literary elite.
Read poetry backed up by saxophone.

Hector, the owner, is one of the city's literary angels.

mypaperlab

Postby mypaperlab » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:41 pm

Best in Asia pacifistic.........

bartpkelly

Postby bartpkelly » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Shanghai, China
The Peace Hotel cafe
Just off the Bund, without the visual distractions. An old hotel steeped in history with great coffee and you feel like you stepped back to the 1930's Shanghai.

Karen Dionne

Postby Karen Dionne » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:21 am

Salt Cay, Bahamas
Salt Cay Writers Retreat (October 20-25, 2014)
Beautiful location, incredible faculty, one-on-one instruction and private writing time - even a chance to swim with dolphins!

#1 New York Times bestselling authors Lorenzo Carcaterra, Robert Goolrick, and Jacquelyn Mitchard, National Book Award finalist and Orange Prize winner Téa Obreht, as well as literary agents Jeff Kleinman, Erin Harris and Erin Niumata of Folio Literary Management, and Jill Marr with the Sandra Dijkstra Agency, with more terrific faculty members to come!

http://www.saltcaywritersretreat.com

featherpen87

Postby featherpen87 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:20 am

Name of City/Town (and country): Oslo/Norway

Name of Hot Spot: Kulturhuset

What makes this spot so great for writers? If there is one café I should choose in Oslo where I write best it would without a doubt be Kulturhuset (you can find it on Youngstorget). The atmosphere is amazing and there are so many other creative souls working there as well. They have that relaxed and retro look through out the place and the coffee is good!
Definitely worth the trip if you're in the area.

Previous

Return to Literary Hot Spots