Kansas

We're looking for the hottest literary hot spots across the U.S. and need your help.
Brian

Kansas

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:58 am

Brian

Kansas

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:58 am

List your Literary Hot Spots in Kansas:

Name of City/Town:
Name of Hot Spot:
What makes this spot so great for writers?

While photos aren't required, we'd love them. If you don't know how to post a photo on our forum, visit "How do I post a picture?" in our forum's FAQ section:
http://www.writersdigest.com/mbbs/forum ... 87&posts=1

DeborahB

RE: Kansas

Postby DeborahB » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:47 am

Overland Park, Kansas

Homers

This small place actually lets my previous critique group use the back room for meetings at no charge. It's a coffee shop with books you can borrow and great yummies to keep one fortified while writing. I now live in NC, but my old group still meets there, going on 6 years now. I'll try to get some pictures the next time I'm there.

SweetNightshade

Re: Kansas

Postby SweetNightshade » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:02 pm

Borders Books
700 New Hampshire St
Lawrence, KS 66044

Every month some of us from the boards meet-up here to critique. The cafe area is huge. Next one is October 11th at 10:30am.

pls

Re: Kansas

Postby pls » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:24 am

Heh - Borders is gone, but Barnes & Noble in Topeka is where my group meets, usually at 2 pm on the third Sunday of each month, and the coffee there is excellent.

We are a serious group of four writers of YA novels, and half of us are also SCBWI members. We have room for one or two more serious-minded YA authors; if you're interested, feel free to contact me via PM here so I can provide more details. We read a YA book a month - sometimes "assigned", sometimes random, and we write at least a chapter a month in our current works-in-progress, and then we trade critiques of them.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Return to Literary Hot Spots