[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Dream Coming True : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Dream Coming True

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
Hawknpen11
Private E-1

Dream Coming True

Postby Hawknpen11 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:53 am

Hello everyone,
I have recently made the courageous decision to write. I have always had this dream of writing a story that one day would be published. Recently I decided to take a story I created while driving across county from California to my hometown in Virginia back in 2011. I feel as though I am on the right track, but one problem. (this is where I need some input or advice) I have a laptop I work on at home but to sad dismay I do not have Microsoft anything, and I have been thinking I should get some kind of software so I can write my story. Issue, I think so, what kind of software should I get and where can I find it? A little background; I am writing a fictional, young readers, novel. I feel that it has the potential of becoming a series but I want to get the first one out of my head before I jump to conclusions. So any help would be great, and advise on software would be fantastic!
Thank you in advance! :D

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Re: Dream Coming True

Postby LilliesCarol » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:26 am

First congratulations on wanting to write your cross country story. Next, I'm not the greatest on giving information about computers, but I do believe there are some free downloads out there that might help you in stylizing your article. If Terry or James have not read this post, PM them and ask specifically for their advise. Hope this helps.
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:41 am

Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:08 pm

if you want to have a career as a writer, you really should invest in ms word, as it's the lingua franca of the writing and publishing world...

but if you can't afford it yet, be sure you opt for a free program that will open in ms word, or at least be convertible to rtf, so you can send the work out that way and agents/publishers can open it in ms word with your formatting retained...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Hawknpen11
Private E-1

Postby Hawknpen11 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:32 am

Thanks everyone for your advise, I had started my story in drive under google for the time being. I hope to have the ability to get ms word or something after the new year. Again thanks for your advice!

Return to FAQs